Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

05 6.0 no start HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Scumbag 
#1 ·
my 05 6.0 powerstroke is going crazy will not start ..... i have a sct programer on it ..when you go to start it, it does nothing . the dash displays check gauges and tbc fault .... just before this happened it was loosing power almost as if it was loosing fuel it would not allow me you give full throttle while going down the road all i could get was maybe 3000rpm and when on it, it would start dieing down then start miss firing. put it in park let it idle for 5 mins and it would stop so first guess was fuel pressure checked it and it was 55psi ( fass platinum series system)..... so then being i have a otc genisis scan tool i used that ........ communications failure and checked all fuses and all were fine ran it again and said the same thing then after that, that is when it just stopped running at all with the check gauges and tbc fault

#3 ·
Isn't time for you to grow up yet? All you ever do is post garbage posts like that one. How is this helping anyone?
Didn't your mommy ever tell you that if you had nothing nice to say, don't say anything. Its time you try it.

#8 ·
Along with checking your FICM and PCM connection also check every inch of every wire harness. Certain areas are pron to failure. Especially pay attention to where the harness lays on the valve covers. I had no electrical issues but as I am rebuilding the top of the engine I found 5 spots where it rubbed through and was one more bump from severing wires.

#9 ·
To me it sounds lie your ficm went out. If you have a way to check your ficm voltage while starting the truck you would be able to tell that way. But you can use a regular volt-fluke meter too. There are some connections on top of the ficm you can remove the little cover on it and their are a few pins you will see. I can't remember if its the the 2 ends or what now though. Their is a write up on it or someon else can chime in and say. But if i were you i uld check ficm first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.