Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

truck died and won't start

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BigRedOne 
#1 ·
I have an 05 with just under 125k miles. On my way home today the truck just died with no warning. I coated to shoulder and turned off at tried to start truck.....not start. It cranks but won't urn over. After I got towed home I connected my PHP FICM tuner and monitor(my only device to read DTC) and got trouble codes p1378 and p2290. When cranking for a short time the ICP psi stays at 0, ICP volt is .24, irp % 14.5 and the numbers didn't move much. I know the FICM had been replaced before prior to when I bought it, I installed bullet proof diesel full oil cooler and egr cooler package about 15k miles ago, and new altanator about 8k miles ago.
Not sure what exactly it is but would love to know what y'all think or have experienced

#2 ·
After letting the truck sit all night on a charger as the battery was a bit low for trying to turn it on so much, the ICP was reading a max of 27psi, IRP % 84.5 with a much longer crank.

#6 ·
Done......

#7 ·
I'm gonna replace the STC and IPR screen and pry that works cause if not its off to a shop for a diagnosis. Planned to fix it this weekend. Played for 2 day shipping to have it bye Saturday and fed ex won't deliver till Monday

#9 ·
Make sure to check the TOP o-ring on the injectors. And the nipple cups on the HPO rail. Its a very over looked problem. And it was my problem. I fixed it by replacing all the o-rings amd cups and the truck runs like new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.