Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2006 6.0 what to do

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Blown F-150 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I had a thread already on this, but cant find it. ive searched thru threads about the 6.0. so many options
to start i was perfectly fine with my truck when i bought my truck brand new. I guess the dealer hadnt tampered with it and i had great power and fuel economy. was getting 21 mpg with an open bed on the hwy. then at 7500 miles took it in to the dealer for a squealing noise and now the truck on its very best day only gets 14 mpg and is sluggish. called the dealer after a trip soon after and all they had to say was they just replaced a belt. and my truck couldnt have been getting that kind of fuel mileage. didnt want to make an appt to check it. I feel like i have been ****.
like i said. been watching over threads about what to do. ive read up on most using the sct. tuner. or going with ficm repair. I just want to get a decent truck back. I mean I have over 45k invested in this turd. it would be nice to have what i bought originally.
so which way should i go? the truck is bone stock with 50k miles on it now. no codes and no issues that i know of other than low power and poor fuel economy. I dont care about a black smoke pouring tire spinning truck. just want the most power and performance that i can get.
thanks in advance for any help

#3 ·
I second the above. They re-flashed your truck. The newer strategies offer a few new things (such as a check engine light if your oil cooler is plugging and turbo vane sweeping), but they all kill mileage over the early versions.

#4 ·
yes, im sure. but when i asked they denied it. i used to work for a dealer. the techs get paid for each warranty item. and that reflash was just that. how do i get what your talking about? I was hoping by now someone could just put it back to the original program. or have 1 better by now.

#5 ·
You could pull the ficm and send it to ficm repair.com. Id have him go through it while your at it. If you haul on a normal basis dont go with anything above the atlas 40 or you will have egt issues.

#9 ·
thats what i was thinking. would have to also get the pcm flashed. i build rockcrawlers. so i mainly just tow jeeps. im guessing trailer and rig less than 8k. I have a programmer now that has an egt probe. i just havent put it in. i dont mind going with a 4"-5" turbo back ehaust. im at the point i just want to get something out of this 45k investment than avg 10 mpg. would like to hear from some using the ficm repair tunes.
how do i get in touch power hungry performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.