6.0 ipr valve, 2005 - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Powerstroke Diesel Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy Hell.

I could not agree more with scuffy828, just because they work at a dealership or whatever doesn't mean they know what they are doing. Who would go to all the trouble to pull an IPR valve out and who cleans them off??? What was he cleaning off? Your not thinking of the EGR valve are you?

I'd see if you could find the "special" socket for it (maybe through snap-on or????) but if you can't youll have to pull the turbo and use a wrench to take it out. If you do find the socket I usually just drop the degas bottle, take the ficm out and the intake piping and try to squeeze my mitts in there to get it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here's my take on this thread........kaleb, I can't imagine why you would question Scuffy for being reasonable, he has absolutely no dogs in this hunt.......Scuffy does this completely without obligation and does not like to see people spending unneeded time or money.

I only interject my opinion because I get this same crap sometimes too....when the person doesn't even know the difference between a washer and a seat........it's just frustrating to try and give FREE info and get questioned.

But you do what you want....you sound pretty intelligent to me.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Rice Hunter

I'd Put My Check On Scott!!!
He was born with a gift
Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Here's my take on this thread........kaleb, I can't imagine why you would question Scuffy for being reasonable, he has absolutely no dogs in this hunt.......Scuffy does this completely without obligation and does not like to see people spending unneeded time or money.

I only interject my opinion because I get this same crap sometimes too....when the person doesn't even know the difference between a washer and a seat........it's just frustrating to try and give FREE info and get questioned.

But you do what you want....you sound pretty intelligent to me.
I see scuffy help more people on this site, along with some others. He knows his chit. Just as Choctaw said, giving free advice, and being questioned that you don't know what your talking about, is very irritating. Good luck to ya
Old 01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ok everyone, im not saying any of you dont know what your talking about, i mean look at the web site we are on!! i understand what your all saying about dealers and mechinics, i understand totally. but its kinda hard when im working all day. i mean ya you guys can tell me stuff like this, but you cant jump through the computer and fix it for me, so i took it to the dealer, they replaced the fuel pump,when i got the keys from them i went outside and it took 10 sec to start, so i went back in and said, is the mechanic still here... the der lick behind the counter said no... i told him what it did, and he says....oh a ya.. the mechanic said your guna need to replace the valve, a a a whats it called... ah ah, and i said... the IPR? he said ya he took it out and looked at it and did something, and said you should replace it. so i said ok. came home and orderd one. because thats the second time someone has told me to replace it,.............. but now one of you said maybee he meant the EGR valve..............hmm. thats a good point, the guy behind the counter wouldnt know the differance.. so 10 mins ago i went out and unpluged my egr valve and it started rite up.............mmmk
Old 01-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

trust me, if i lived by any of you, you would be getting cash to fix my truck...so now that ive pissed you all off in a missunderstanding, do you think i should replace the egr valve? ive cleaned it ounce before, will it hurt the truck to run it unplugged?
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I don't think anybody is mad, just confused way you wouldn't heed to suggestions . Unplugging your EGR should be ok, but it may trip a CEL. Mine has been turned off through my SCT since 4k miles (I have 22k now)
Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalebBstrokin View Post
trust me, if i lived by any of you, you would be getting cash to fix my truck...so now that ive pissed you all off in a missunderstanding, do you think i should replace the egr valve? ive cleaned it ounce before, will it hurt the truck to run it unplugged?
Hey bud, I'm not mad in the least bit.....as was said just a little confused. But thats OK.

I betcha Scuffy will tell ya the reason he dosen't post more is because of situations like this..........kinda sad if you ask me.

By the way glad you figured it out.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You can try to clean your EGR valve, or even better, REPLACE it. There is however, a new TSB that was just released to us dealer techs on January 5th of this year that now advises installation of a baffle. Looking at the workshop manual procedure for an '08 model year E-series equipped with a 6.0L, it looks like a plate of some sort that looks like it is intended to direct airflow in some way. This "plate" is installed between the cold side CAC tube "elbow" and the intake manifold. So, as I now understand it, replacing the EGR valve, installing this baffle, using Ford/Motorccraft's PM-22-B Cetane Booster and PM-23-B Fuel Anti-Gel additives, along with using the correct viscosity oil SHOULD fix your's and other 6.0L owners' problems of excessive carbon buildup and EGR system failures. Just my
Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

i still dont see how unpluging the egr valve made it crank faster , if the egr valve is stuck open, its gonna still be stuck open , clean or not , or plugged in or not , anyway , i still wouldnt replace the ipr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.