Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

At wits end with blower motor!!!!!!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Locust Cutter 
#1 ·
I am at a total loss. Do the Heating and cooling systems in these trucks really suck this bad?? I have replaced the blower motor and resistor, verified there are no vacuum leaks. Verified all vacuum doors open and close correctly and this POS still blows out the vents at a trickle in any setting. You can hear the fan cranking but it just doesnt blow out the vents well at all, doesn't matter if it's on heat/AC/defrost, it all sucks. Help!

#2 ·
Not Blowing

The air in these trucks works pretty good. Did it quit all of a sudden or does it just not blow like it should? I fixed the air in one truck, that had enough dog hair on the coils to make a blanket. Do you have any air blowing out of any of the vents? Keep looking and good luck .

#6 ·
Take out blower motor and look at your evap core. Guarantee you it has a layer of dirt/hair etc on it.
I have to clean out several of these all the time in a fleet i maintain cause people don't know how to rock a/c with the windows up. Or keep the floor boards clean at that.

If you have access to compressed air and a siphon gun it helps out a lot. I use degreaser and just shower the evap and let it soak for a few minutes. Then i rinse it thoroughly with a garden hose. If you have a short handled pressure washer thats even better. Just make sure its idled down a bit. You don't want to bend the fins. Rinse thoroughly and your face should feel like you're riding with the top down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
what did the ac shop have to say? not sure if u have digital ac or not, but ive seen head units going out causing air distribution problems(internal leaks in the unit itself). also not 100% on the f250s. but the ranger uses a similar yet smaller system with evap and everything outside. and there was a screen between outside and inside where the 2 cases came together that would get covered in crap and block air flow nearly 100%... let me know if its not fixed. i can check out my truck and maybe give some more ideas. There is not a whole lot there....

#10 ·
I would like to know also. mine blows weak and I checked and it is clean. no leaks or anything to explain it.

#11 ·
How exactly are you determining the doors are working correctly. The doors are internal to the plastic phlenum and most of the actuators are behind the box. Phlenum needs to be removed to see travel of the actuators. Several doors may be partially open or opening when they shouldn't. Generally this is a control head problem if all the screens have no blockage and the cores as well are clean. Electrical or vacum control does the same.

#12 ·
I guess I have to tear the system apart and check the same things on Dad's truck. I have a '02 CC/LB which blows well and will bake you out. The A/C is ok. Dad just bought a bullet-proofed '03 F-250 6.0 RC/LB and it blows horribly weak on high and the temp is barely luke warm at operating temp (verified with sct). It is pathetic. The A/C works pretty well though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.