Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rear Axle Inner Hub Seal...ASAP!

981 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Zacwild33 
#1 ·
I was replacing the inner hub seals on my rear axle yesterday when I ran into a problem. They both came apart fine, but when I installed the passenger side hub, something didn't go on right. I put it on, didn't nick it, put the outer bearing in, put the nut on and torqued it to 60 ft. lbs. like it said. I clicked it back 7 clicks since I packed the bearing and didn't change them. Got the axle, rotor, caliper, and wheel installed. I go to test drive it and it squeals holy hell at me. I take the right side off, and the caliper started shaving the rotor down. Since the caliper mounts to a fixed point, I thought the hub didn't seat back far enough. I took the nut off then put it back on while the caliper and rotor were installed and just kept tightening the nut till the rotor sat in the caliper with enough space on either side, backed it off, re torqued it to 60, then backed it off 7 clicks.

Did I make the right decision? I'm pulling my fifth wheel tomorrow to Jacksonville.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.