Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High intake air temp, after BulletProof Diesel Kit installed

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Coleo 
#1 ·
Hi all! I just got done having a BulletProof Diesel kit installed and ARP head stud kit installed. All the kits used were from BulletProofDiesel. So before all the work got done my ECT was 180 and EOT was 220 @ freeway speeds (80) here in South Dakota. The intake air temp was just about spot on with real life.

After all the work got done i.e. cab off head removal (heads were decked at machine shop) the BulletProofDiesel oil cooler kit was installed with all the ford gaskets and stuff. Everything was primed as it should be. The intake manifold was "HOT tanked" The motor really sounds a lot smoother!!! :D

Here is where it gets alittle weird... The IAT is now ~15-20deg hotter than real life? How do I know? I have a Edge Insight that is on the dash.

So could it be the IAT2 sensor and/or the MAF on the intake?

FWIW, the new thermostat from BPD is a 190Deg therm vs. the old one ~175ish and now the degas bottle is warmer, ALSO the BPD oil lines are right next to the MAF an runs over the Fuel bowl lines as well.

Kinda lost as to what to do. I call BulletProof Diesel in AZ waiting to hear from them. Thinking about wrapping the intake with thermal exhaust wrap to insulate the sensor. Or, replacing the IAT2 and MAF to correct the issue...

Jason

See less See more
#4 ·
Unfortunatly, I haven't found solution. Although I remember once that I had to remove the air cleaner assembly (Banks Ram Air intake) and I might have touched the MAF and got my dirty human hands on it.:eek:hnoes: So I'm not sure if that was the problem. All I know is that it's off, Not sure if the computer averages IAT1 (intake) and IAT2 (manifold) to get the value. The PID I'm monitoring though on the Edge insight is IAT there isn't one for IAT2 yet. Haven't programmed it in.

BPD said that under hood temps are going to be higher, well duh. But an over night soak and looking at the real outdoor thermo and firing up the truck, well they are off by about 10-14deg in the AM.

I'll spring for a new MAF but it may not be the problem... Or not be a problem at all and I'm just a little nutty! :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.