Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help PLEASE!!

678 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  4506.0 
#1 ·
So my 06 is acting very strange and I've been checking some other posts to try and narrow it down but I cant seem to find someone with my exact problem. The issue is my truck is blowing an excessive amount of black and sometimes blue smoke. The truck starts fine and idles correctly but once I step on the pedal it billows smoke and basically goes no where. Its very sluggish till it hits about 1500+ rpms and then drives normal. But every time I come to a stop or try to accelerate hard I have no power. My rpms jump and I fill the intersection with smoke but I don't move. It hasn't thrown any codes or given me any kind of warning sign but I'm lost as to what this can be. Any idea?

Also later today I noticed I'm starting to produce white smoke. It kinda comes and goes but when it does its a lot of white smoke.
Thanks

#2 ·
Does the smoke smell like diesel or sweet like coolant.
Black smoke useually indicates a too rich of air/fuel mixture.
This can be from a overfueling injector or insufficent air flow from a turbo problem.

White smoke can be either coolant or more diesel in the cylinder than it can burn.
It dumps the excess diesel directly into the super hot manifold on the exhaust stroke where it flash boils/burns.

#3 ·
Could be a injector.. Mine would white smoke at idle if it was too cold or hasent been started in a day or two.. And pours black smoke and no power till it warms up a little bit. That would be where i looked first..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.