Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stumped... runs good when cold

926 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Rlott05 
#1 ·
Alright guys got an 05 6.0
54v ficm
4inch exhaust
sct tuner on canned tunes

every morning go out start the truck idles and drives fine till it gets up to operating temp. then it starts to miss. sometimes just a little bit but other times severely bad. never has died. just runs like crap or runs fine.

It does not throw any codes what so ever. changed fuel filters pulled icp plug and nothing has changed.

it'll go to ford dealer soon if i can't figure something out.

thanks in advance

#3 ·
You need it scanned with a cylinder contribution balance completed. My best guess is 2 bad injectors.

#4 ·
went to take it to the dealer and they said they couldn't get it done in an hour. said i needed to drop it off and they'll get to it in the morning. that didn't work for me. they should have specified that before they told me to go ahead and bring it in at 4. techs only stay till 5. i was like looks like ill take it somewhere else. guy was real crappy about it all. ugh why can't it just throw codes at me.

#5 ·
Alright guys got an 05 6.0

54v ficm

4inch exhaust

sct tuner on canned tunes

every morning go out start the truck idles and drives fine till it gets up to operating temp. then it starts to miss. sometimes just a little bit but other times severely bad. never has died. just runs like crap or runs fine.

It does not throw any codes what so ever. changed fuel filters pulled icp plug and nothing has changed.

it'll go to ford dealer soon if i can't figure something out.

thanks in advance

I'm having the same exact problem. I'm taking mine to the dealership tomorrow. I've had this problem for awhile now. Please let me know if they figure out what it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.