Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Prepping for new turbo

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Soledad 
#1 ·
so I'm installing a new turbo next week on my 2007 F250 and I was told to make sure I had the updated oil feed tube (The one without the braided section) and it looks like I do. Is there an updated oil drain back tube as well? Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
With the 07 you have both updates.

#6 ·
I have yet to see an 07 F-series with the updated drain tube stock. The 08+ E-series had them.

From what I've seen the updated feed tube came about mid year 2006 (commonized). The drain tube might have been on the shelves but it wasn't coming installed from the factory.

#7 ·
not to hijack but ... (hijacks thread)
how much better IS the newer feed line? I have an 03 early 04 and I am getting my turbo upgraded and repaired I have the newer drain line but my feed line is the braided style.
first time working on the turbo so ... there must be something I am missing :shrug:
anyone have a pic?
and now I am off to find a pic thanks for any help on this one :thumb:

#8 ·
I was searching on the feed line yesterday. Found a pic that showed the braided hose collapsed due to the interior hose degrading. Although they don't say the hose is degraded in that picture I found a lot of other sites that state it.

Ford Diesel Engine Repair Parts Update | National Mechanix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.