6.0 PSD No boost, no power, and trouble codes!! Help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 6.0 PSD No boost, no power, and trouble codes!! Help?

Hi all, thanks for looking. I have a 2006 F350 6.0 PSD. Recently I've been picking up on the same 2 codes: P0069 Manifold Absolute Pressure Barometric Pressure Correlation and P0299 Turbocharger Underboost. Even after clearing codes they come right back. Are the two related? They started about a month ago, at the same time. At freeway speeds, psi will hover around "normal" 7-10 psi, then drop to 0-1 psi. If I put my foot into the throttle, it takes a good 5+ seconds before it starts making any boost. Really annoying not having power when you need it. Anybody know what's causing this? The only mod I have is Edge Juice Platinum w/ Attitude installed about 4 months ago, otherwise stock exhaust and intake. I appreciate all feedback! 73k miles and i'm in Minneapolis, MN. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to Fireman5606
First thing I would do if you haven't already is take the edge off and see if it still has the problem. If not then you know something is wrong with the box, If it still does it then you have one less thing to check. Good luck with it, i know some more knowledgeable people will give you better answers.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

p0069 and p0299

I have those same codes showing now. CEL came on about 15 miles into the morning it was -15F. Seems to run fine. No power loss, not running rough, etc...
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Step #1 to the original poster:

Monitor EBP_A, MAP and BARO parameters with a scan tool that can read live data at key-on/engine-off. All three should indicate atmospheric pressure with no more than 0.3 psi in variation (EBP_A: 14.3 psi, MAP: 14.4 psi, BARO: 14.2 psi etc.).

Step #2:

If any of the three parameters are found to be outside of atmospheric pressure, repair as necessary (MAP sensor reading likely low by information posted above).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.