few ????'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 03:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
few ????'s

to start off my truck is a 05 excab lariat f250. mods are airraid filter and hollow citty to 5 inch stacks. the problem is that every once in a while you can healr a little noise coming from under the hood kinda like a squeel. it does it when the truck is under a load like goin up a hill or something like that usually above 1800 rpm. well its been doing that for a couple of weeks and last night i started to smell antifreeze in the cab after going up a hill. later that night i was on the interstate and it didnt make the noise and no smell. so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. it only has 94k on it and i need it to last quite a bit more and seein how couple dealers around here arent very mod friendly but thanks anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm no tech but I've been on this site for a while, and it sounds like the squealing may be from the degas bottle. It's not overheating right? A blown head gasket can create too much pressure inside the cooling system, and the noise is the coolant cap relieving the pressure.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 AM

no the truck is not overheating. i was on the interstate a while back like 3 months ago and had kinda the same problem with the anitfreeze smell but it went away and hasnt reared its ugly head until last night. but the noise has been for a month or so and happens more when i have my superchips on it. needless to say it hasnt been on in a couple weeks now. thanks for the quick reply
Old 12-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Prolly the Degas bottle making that noise.....blown HGs is what it sounds like.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:15 AM

yea i just talked to a dealer and they said the same thing. only problem is the said that since i have a diffrent exhaust that it voided my warrenty so anyone got a stock exhaust for sale cheap? lol
Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 AM

They said your exhaust voided your engine warranty? That sounds weird. Maybe you should try and find a different dealer . Craigslist usually has complete exhaust systems for our trucks
Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 AM

yea he said if they can prove that the exhaust caused the problem then no warranty coverage for me. the only good thing is that i talked to the service writer and not the actually diesel tech
Old 12-10-2008, 10:05 AM

Well I have never heard of an exhaust system causing blown HG's. Service writers are usually not too brite when it comes to vehicle mechanics, they just tell you what the tech finds and collects the money from your pockets. I think that you have to have a cat on it, but I don't think the rest matters. A programmer could cause a blown HG, or water meth, but none of the things that you have done to your truck should "cause" a blown HG
Old 12-10-2008, 10:11 AM

well i did actually have a superchips on it but i took it off as soon as i heard the noise. i hade it on high but was never really hard on it its actually been off for a few weeks now and im tryin to sell it to eventually upgrade to a sct but this service writter knows none of this hehe
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshriver05 View Post
this service writter knows none of this hehe
Keep it that way. You will love the SCT. If your going to have the dealer do the HG's, you should see if they'll install head studs while they're in there, or take it somewhere that will. You won't have to worry about popping another HG with studs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.