LAUNCH VIB - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile LAUNCH VIB

I HAVE A LAUNCH VIBRATION ON MY 2004 F350 CC/SB 6.0.
WHEN I BOUGHT THE TRUCK IT HAD A 4" PRO COMP LIFT ON IT FROM THE DEALER.I AM THE 2ND OWNER.FROM THE FIRST DAY I PICKED UP MY TRUCK IT HAD THIS VIBRATION ON TAKE OFF ONLY.FIRST CHECKED TO SEE IF THE STEDY BEARING DROP SHIMS WERE IN AND THEY WERE,I THEN PROCEEDED TO CHECK THE BEARING,NOT QUITE SURE WHAT KIND OF MOVEMENT THIS SHOULD HAVE?I THEN BUILT A SET OF TRACTION BARS,THESE HELPED A LITTLE,BUT NOT A LOT.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT,THANKS CLAY
P.S,HOW HARD IS IT TO CHANGE THE STEADY BEARING IF IT NEEDS CHANGING?THANKS AGAIN
CLAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If the carrier bearing is what you are calling the steady bearing then you might have to play with the shims. I had the same thing on my 03 with a 4 inch lift and my shim kit came with multiple shims and they all where different thickness. I just had to spend sometime changing shims till I got the right combo that my truck liked. What yours did is the same exact thing mine did until I properly got the carrier bearing shimmed.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 AM

NOT LONG AFTER I GOT THE TRUCK I INSTALLED A 6.5 PROCOMP LIFT AND THE VIB WAS STILL THE SAME.I DID USE A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT SHIMS BUT TO NO LUCK.THE VIBRATION IS THE SAME IF I JUST BARELY TOUCH THE GAS OR STAND ON IT.WHAT KIND OF PLAY SHOULD THE CARRIER BEARING HAVE,IF ANY?
THANKS CLAY
Old 12-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I really don't know if there is an acceptable amount of vibration. For me it drove me nuts so I spent alot of time under the truck changing spacers till I got rid of the vibration. I know on mine the spacer kits instructions had a starting point for the amount of lift. I only had a 4 inch lift but if I remember right I ended up using every shim that was in the kit to finally get the vibration out. You might contact the manufacture of your lift and see what they recommend for dropping the carrier bearing. If you are using the shims that where originally on the truck with the 4 inch kit you might not have enough shim. Have you checked all your u-joints to make sure your vibration isn't possibly coming from a bad u-joint?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.