User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 PM Thread Starter Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation NEW TO 6.0s HELP AND GUIDE ME

i just bought a 2003 f350 6.0 truck is very clean was well maintanied however all stock. I recently noticed that after driving my truck for around 10-15 mins the turbo gets alot, and i mean alot quiter. I dont know if this is normal or not?? all i have done to the truck since i got it was cut the exhaust off right after the down pipe that was 4 days ago was gonna put exhaust system in but rained all weekend and i work 50 hrs a week. thats when i noticed after truck gets hot the whistle goes away...

HOWEVER i have no loss of power so can someone PLEASE HELP!!! also whats the best size turbo back exhaust and does that include taking down pipe out? and whats a decently priced mild programmer or chip? (im not looking for any black smoke but in ct they dont really bust balls about it so if it made black smoke it wouldnt bother me) thank you any info will be much appricated

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 04-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Premium Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm running a 4 inch turbo back mbrp system, no muffler or cat, and yea the stock downpipe had to come out, its actually not bad to remove at all, you don't even have the remove the clamp holding it onto the turbo all the way. You wanna get that hot exhaust gas out as quick as you can. The whole exhaust cost me like 270 shipped to my door.

I would definitely run an sct tuner, and there are multiple people to get tunes from. Gearheads performance, truck source diesel, etc.

You will also without a doubt want to monitor the truck to see what's going on. I'm running an edge insight, but I'm also running standard analog gauges for some things, egt, boost, trans temp etc.

05 F350 CC LB FX4 Lariat, ARP studs, new head gaskets, Barder Stage 2.5 turbo, warren diesel 175/30 injectors, Odawg ported manifold, no limit fab up pipes, S&B cold air intake, sinister coolant filter, BPD water pump, IPR EGR delete, MBRP turbo back exhaust no muffler or kitty, edge insight monitor, tunes from Matt @ geadheads, rancho rs9000xl adjustable shocks .

My House Has A Ford Problem!!!! lol

Sponsored Links

2003, 6.0, exhaust, nowhistle, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode