04 6.0 No start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
04 6.0 No start

04 6.0 175k miles on it. Was on the way to town I noticed power was way down. Little by little the truck slowed down till all it would do was idle. These are all the codes it came up with. Fmic voltage is good.Truck has a tune, but i have no idea what tune is on it. I bought the truck like that from the dealer. Truck was running like a beast before. I think i could be either, the IPR valve, HPOP, or the STC fitting? I just go the truck last year in october.

Before today I already had long crank start issues and the oil pressure gauge needle drops down to low when at idle. Then goes back up to normal once I give it some throttle.
Attached Thumbnails
04 6.0 No start-1240476_10203743525086715_1323003421_n.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 10:27 AM
information regurgitator

Ensure that your oil filter and the cap are Motorcraft/Ford products.

Remove the tune from the equation, if possible. Return to stock programming until you figure out the problem and fix it. Tunes can wreak havoc while trying to troubleshoot.

Don't assume your FICM is good. I am not convinced that the monitors are accurate at the time of cranking the engine over while it is stone cold. Take the window off the FICM and check it at that time. Multiple injector codes points to FICM.

The 2004 model does not have the troublesome STC fitting. That fitting was introduced in the 2005 model year.

Try unplugging your ICP sensor. If the ICP sensor pigtail is soaked with oil, replace the ICP sensor and the pigtail.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Ensure that your oil filter and the cap are Motorcraft/Ford products.

Remove the tune from the equation, if possible. Return to stock programming until you figure out the problem and fix it. Tunes can wreak havoc while trying to troubleshoot.

Don't assume your FICM is good. I am not convinced that the monitors are accurate at the time of cranking the engine over while it is stone cold. Take the window off the FICM and check it at that time. Multiple injector codes points to FICM.

The 2004 model does not have the troublesome STC fitting. That fitting was introduced in the 2005 model year.

Try unplugging your ICP sensor. If the ICP sensor pigtail is soaked with oil, replace the ICP sensor and the pigtail.

Where is that located .. im havig a brain fart..lol
Old 03-25-2014, 10:45 AM
information regurgitator

Where is what located? The ICP sensor?
For the 04 year there are 2 possibilities. One is on the passenger side valve cover close to the alternator and the other is on the HPOP cover (next to the IPR) accessed from under the truck and reaching up.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Where is what located? The ICP sensor?
For the 04 year there are 2 possibilities. One is on the passenger side valve cover close to the alternator and the other is on the HPOP cover (next to the IPR) accessed from under the truck and reaching up.
Thanks.. Imm goning to check that out and see if it has oil in it.. Mine is running rough and have tried almost everything.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

IPR is pretty much open all the way and the hpop pressure will not go over 448. I'm gonna remove the IPR valve later today to inspect the screen for damage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
04 6.0 No start-1395780308429.jpg  
Old 03-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ICP is good. I disconnected it then tried to crank and it still had the same problem. No oil on the icp and there is no visible damage.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.