Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TRUCK SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING..AFTER WARM UP :(

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dannyboy950 
#1 ·
First post here and thank you for any info following after this post!

so the day after driving from San Diego to California city(approx 210 miles) my truck began to just shutoff. first time was after about 15 miles truck was up to temp then it jerked as if it shutoff quickly an then proceeded to just shutoff. pulled over checking for anything leaking or out of place and all temps were normal. started right up drove about another mile and did it again. so pulled over and checked it all over again. so then proceeded about another 8 miles or so and had to put the truck in neutral start it, place it in drive floor it an repeat till i got to the nearest gas station. put about 60$ of b-20 bio diesel and some additive to see if it helped but kept shutting down now after about 2-3 mins of idle. let it sit for about half an hour then tried again and this time it made it about 5-7 miles before it started actin up again. so dumped some of the oil on the side of the rod and put ina fresh gal to maybe dilute bad oil(just a random thought) no luck and after about 2 hours of waiting was forced to drop 220$ and get it towed back.

next day swapped the alt...it was bad. did a full oil change and filter. and jumped her and got her started. let her idle for about 30 min before i pulled her out and hooked up the car trailer loaded with a 89 4runner. took her around the block about 3/4 mile drive in level 0 on the edge but had the truck in tow. and as i pulled up thinking all was gravy the truck died. started her back up and 30 sec later shutoff again...

now shes a "no start".

sorry for posting a "no start" but since this issue began before figured i could get a by lol

current symptoms last time i was able to T/S are:
NO cels
oil Gage does not register after long crank.

im thinking failing lpop turned into failed lpop??

if anyone can chime in it would be awesome

this incident made me have to forfeit hauling that 4runner to a lil 15 sierra :eek:hnoes: terrible weekend

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.