Please Help: Crank No Start After Oil Cooler Job - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 01:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please Help: Crank No Start After Oil Cooler Job

Alright so hello everyone I'm having some mind blowing confusing issues so my truck is a 2004 f350 6.0 124000 miles right before I did this job I was having white blueish smoke coming out during part throttle during norm operating temps and constant and low temp figured out it was egr cooler truck is bone stock no mods so decided I want to do egr delete and oil cooler relocation due to my possible oil cooler plug up might have caused it but didn't want to spend 2 grand so I got my own modified stock oil cooler to flow oil so did the job and got everything connected and went to start it and took a few cranks (normal after oil cooler job) to start an it started and ran a bit rough due to the air in oil system found some oil leaks in my oil lines so fixed them and tried starting it again took a bit more long cranks but started and then found some more leaks and fixed them started again but this time it started but 2 min into running it cut out like the key was shut off and hasn't been able to start since. Might I add that I was doing a coolant flush and regular water is sitting in the coolant system with some old coolant don't think that would make it not start. Pulled dip stick saw a bit of rubber pieces. During pulling of things off during the first day I broke the tube going from the intake manifold to the map sensor I think it is but don't think that would make a no start. Both sensors on the oil cooler are a bit cracked but started up when they were cracked and plus don't think those sensors if they were broken would make a no start. Pulled the ipr valve that screen was sooooo gunked up I replaced with updated piece sign screen popped back in still no start. Drained the batteries at this point and had to get the charged as i don't have a charger so popped back in still no start pulled ipr valve again but was not gunked up very clean popped back in still NO START! So been extremely patient idk how but now I'm very annoyed and pissed. I don't under stand how it would run and now isn't after this job. So please I am asking for a bit of advices to do now please help me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 05:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your oil is being pressurized to near 4000 psi, which means it needs to be completely sealed throughout the system and needs to be completely clean oil! Chances are those rubber peices on your dipstick are also chewing up the oil system.. Need to take care of that. Check the no start sticky to see what values you need for icp, ipr, ficm, sync, etc. and you should probably get the sensors replaced and hopefully your map sensor nipple didnt fall down into your intake or anywhere else. Also, oil in the sensors or pigtails will screw over your results.. Lots of possibilities

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-22-2014, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

id check base oil pressure and pull the ipr and check for a busted screen
Old 03-22-2014, 07:27 AM

Replaced screen on ipr and tried again no start pulled it again nothing wrong with it. I have not checked the icp if I pull that and try starting it will that purge all the air cause I think it's mainly way too much air in the system cause it started up right after I was done with oil cooler is their any way to flush the oil system?

Old 03-22-2014, 08:06 AM

Are their any other screens that would or can be blocked cause I also checked flow I'm getting full flow of oil

Old 03-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the only other screen is the screen under the oil cooler, in the hp pump feed reservoir, but that screen is pretty big and would be virtually impossible to plug up, and with a gunked up IPR, the screen is probably broken anywho.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:39 PM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigrelli132 View Post
I got my own modified stock oil cooler to flow oil so did the job and got everything connected and went to start it and took a few cranks (normal after oil cooler job) to start an it started and ran a bit rough due to the air in oil system found some oil leaks in my oil lines so fixed them and tried starting it again took a bit more long cranks but started and then found some more leaks and fixed them started again but this time it started but 2 min into running it cut out like the key was shut off and hasn't been able to start since.
Can you elaborate more on the construction of your home made oil cooler relocation?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Basically the stock oil cooler holes where the holes are for the old cooler are welded shut and two 12 an bungs are welded onto the housing one for supply one for return from supply it goes into a 3/4in hose to a oil filter then same size hose to air cooled oil cooler then same size hose back to return bung and then to same routing from stock oil cooler routing. I sifted oil and only 1 or 2 pieces found nothing crazy I pulled the icp and cranked it oil came out of the hole and then out it back in without connecting it an cranked it still no start. This is frustrating😑

Old 03-22-2014, 04:20 PM
information regurgitator

Were all parts that you used to craft the oil cooling system new?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:25 PM

Yes brand new from fastenal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.