Oil cooler/injector issue help... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil cooler/injector issue help...

So I had a 2006 f250 king ranch 6.0 diesel with a bad head gasket. I took it in to the local diesel shop that specializes in these trucks...... So I ended up dropping 9k on a low miles block that they built up with arp studs, gaskets, new oil cooler, turbo, updated valves, ect. All under 90 day warrenty.i left with the truck and noticed the heater not working and a bit of white smoke on cold start.i called they checked it out told me that heater core was plugged probably from rust in my block from wrecking yard motor. I was concerned but they told me not to worry just drive it and they will get it donenin aweek. They also informed me that injectors 1 and 6 were under par at 1115 rpm only. So the first trip I make downthe freeway the truck dies, no noise just died and no start. Towed it back to the shop they tell me injectors 1 and 4 blew causing hydrolock. But they said the new oil cooler failed to and they would replace that under warranty.also there is coolant in my oil and oil in my coolant. My understanding is oilmcooler failure will cause injector failure so shouldnt my injector damage be covered also.So my question is two things.
1. Did my injectors fail due to the oil cooler failing and should they be covered under warranty
2. What other damage may have been done due to oil cooler failure .

they want me to pay for new injectors and a flush and keep my fingers crossed theres not more damage.they said they would replace they cooler and heater core on them. Am I getting screwed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 06:25 PM
information regurgitator

9 G's? AND they didn't clean the block properly before rebuilding it?
You got screwed long before this post.....
Remanned long block $4895, they also have short blocks for $2995.

Are they supposedly new injectors? Those should be warranty
The oil cooler failure should be also.
By the way, every rubber part in your cooling system should be replaced now because of the oil contamination.

I hate to say this but it sounds to me as though those guys ran down the local wrecking yard, bought a used engine, threw studs in it and are passing it off as a "new rebuild." That would also explain why the oil cooler exploded and why the injectors are junk.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Premium Member

100% agree, you got screwed. Why didn't they use your motor? Complete head stud job with all the updates and other work is about $6,000 with BPD EGR Cooler, Ford everything else at my shop. Are you sure these guys know 6.0s or did they just say that?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

To answer your other question yes, coolant in the oil could wreck injectors. But it seems more likely other contamination from the used engine did it.

They are trying to save money for themselves, that is all. This whole repair should be covered, but you are likely looking at future issues too.

They obviously didn't get the coolant system clean at all. Do you have any gauges that you run? Has it gotten hot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.