6.0 fueling issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 fueling issue

Hey guys ive always browsed the site but this is my first time posting. I have a 07' 250 with 217000 miles on it. Im constantly trying to squeeze more go out of it. I had a egr delete sitting at the house waiting on it the day I rolled her home. It had roughly 125000 miles when I bought it. The set up I ran for the long time was just a sct 3015 with the preloaded tunes. My list of mods now is sct ts with custom tunes, 6.4 banjo bolts, 5in exhaust, high idle, and core support was cut for better coldair flow. The blue spring was the last thing I did before I struck out on a 1900 mile trip from central fla to west texas. Im pulling a 5th wheel truck and trailer have a combined weight of a little over 21k. I did the trip a couple months ago before the blue spring was installed with no issue. This trip was a nightmare ipr went bad left me on the side of i75 over night. Lost 3 injectors total was able to limp to a rv park and get them changed out. I guess my question is could improperly installing the blue spring be causing my issues. My fuel milage has also gone to hell I was getting 13-16 pulling the camper on the last trip this trip was between 7-9 and im only getting 11.5 empty. Before I could achive low 20s as long as a kepted it below 75
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome. And Yes it could, although ive never heard of improper installation of the spring. Having bad fuel and/or oil pressure will eventually take out the injectors but it most likely wont be instantaneous. Whats ur fuel pressure at idle and wot?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Fuel pressure is one of the few gauges I dont have yet. Ive been trying not to drive my truck much right now(thank god for company trucks) planning to buy the proper spring kit with all new orings and gaskets and ive convinced myself I need a regulated return kit also because a turbo and injectors is in the near future once I get the fuel issue solved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.