EGR Delete and Bulletproofing a 6.0 - IPR experience - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NYC F-350

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete and Bulletproofing a 6.0 - IPR experience

I have a 2008 MXT 365 (Ford 6.0) I wanted to bulletproof. With the help of a new friend (that works at the International Dealership as the head tech of 6.0 liters) we set out to bulletproofed my truck. With his help and the help of many people on this board (the search tool is great!) we did the job in my garage. I wanted to share my thoughts on the process.

After reading and researching a lot about EGR delete kits I went with Innovative Performance Research (sometimes called IPR). Vince Au at IPR took the time to discuss my needs and was a wonderful help. I purchased their EGR delete kit...
IPR GEN2 EGR Delete Kit with Up Pipe, Ford OEM Oil Cooler & Gaskets for all 2005-2007 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 will fit F250, F350, F450
and was VERY impressed by the quality. The fit and finish was fantastic. I also purchased the head gaskets and ARP studs from Vince and overall I was extremely happy with the price and service. If you are thinking about doing this to your 6.0 I would suggest doing lots of searching on this great site and take a minute to call Vince at IPR. His kit is well worth the money.

Removing the heads while the engine was still in the truck was a little tough even with all the room this vehicle has. It was a two man job to get the passenger side back on without removing the A/C box, but it's possible. It took about 25 hours to do it all from start to finish over a few days.

Thank you to everyone on here that helped by posting on this site. It allowed me to search years of advice from others and make well informed decisions. I could not have done it without this site and Vince.
Attached Thumbnails
EGR Delete and Bulletproofing a 6.0 - IPR experience-2012-05-13_14-41-23_347.jpg   EGR Delete and Bulletproofing a 6.0 - IPR experience-2014-01-25_11-53-27_740.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
information regurgitator

Now hold on just a darn second there mister.
It is against the rules to post only one pic of such a cool rig!
juniorssrollin likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to NYC F-350 For This Useful Post:
C O D Y (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
THIS!!!!^^^^
Old 03-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

lol, I've owned it a few years now and I just haven't taken many photos! I suck!

It's a super neat truck and fun to drive. I've put about 40,000 miles on it and it's a hoot. Pretty much all stock and now with it bulletproofed I feel like it will last a long time. They're not for everyone, but if you have the means and like a LOT of attention, an International MXT is for you. They only made them one year (& not very many) so finding a good clean one can be a little tough. Build quality is good, but the paint quality is below average. Fix the standard 6.0 issues and you'll have a keeper!

Thanks again to so many people on this site who post, ask questions and share knowledge. It allows guys like me who don't know as much to research and learn. Love this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:15 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C O D Y View Post
lol, I've owned it a few years now and I just haven't taken many photos! I suck!
Go take more.. We'll give you a couple minutes....
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That thing is badass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.