No Power, No Boost til High Rpm - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Power, No Boost til High Rpm

My truck is a 2003 6.0, it has 38,000 on it. A few weeks ago it wouldn't build boost and had no power until I get over 2500rpm then it would build boost. I suspected it was a sticking turbo so I ran the heck out of it. The next day it ran ok, then a few days later it did the same thing. So I bought a new powermax and figured that would take care of it. I installed it yesterday and it didn't change anything. $1200 wasted! Today I checked my ICP and IPR on my scangauge

Start up ICP-840 IPR-38.5
High Idle 1200rpm ICP-630 IPR-27.8
Low Idle ICP-557 IPR-26.0

Took truck down the road at WOT ICP-2500 when I pulled in the driveway at idle ICP-440 IPR-21.1. I suspect I need a HPOP but not sure.dont want to throw any more money away. Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would like to know if you were able to fix this? My turbo is acting up and I'm afraid to buy a new one until I know it's the culprit. I had a shop clean it, so they say, and it helped but didn't fix it. I get virtually no boost until I dog it, hard! Then it will jump to 20 lbs. If I keep my foot in it, it will go from 20 lbs to 30 lbs for a split second then back to 5 lbs.

Just wondering if they cleaned the turbo at tall. Starting to think they just worked the actuator a bit and replaced the vgt sensor. I'm cleaning my old one tomorrow. Hoping to find some good news...
Old 03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Try unplugging your EBP sensor. I unplugged mine and the truck ran great. I put the new sensor on and it's good as new.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatham View Post
I would like to know if you were able to fix this? My turbo is acting up and I'm afraid to buy a new one until I know it's the culprit. I had a shop clean it, so they say, and it helped but didn't fix it. I get virtually no boost until I dog it, hard! Then it will jump to 20 lbs. If I keep my foot in it, it will go from 20 lbs to 30 lbs for a split second then back to 5 lbs.

Just wondering if they cleaned the turbo at tall. Starting to think they just worked the actuator a bit and replaced the vgt sensor. I'm cleaning my old one tomorrow. Hoping to find some good news...
you can clean the EBP tube too.. a piece of wire works pretty well. they occasionally get plugged up with soot and stuff.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will the truck run okay with the EBP sensor unplugged? Would this cause the turbo to have no boost unless you punch the pedal?

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck ran fine with it unplugged, ran it a week until I got the new sensor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.