Somebody Please Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Somebody Please Help

Ok so I've been reading up a ton on my issues and it seems to have no clear cut answer yet.. I really hate throwing money away chasing problems so hopefully some one maybe able to clear some things up. I have a 2007 f-250 with 232,000 miles on it i am running 3.5" downpipe 4" rest of the way out motor is stock. Running a sct tuner with IDP xtreme street tune. When my truck runs normal I love it. But as of lately I have been having the intermittent surge/buck/shake issue it seems to come after a hard run or getting on it hard this morning for instance i ran 63 mph for 37 miles ran fine got into town and was playing in the snow and had the speedo reading roughly 105mph for a few rounds pulled in the drive and let her sit and within minutes it began with a rough idle missing at low rpm i jumped in and slowly gave it throttle only to have it seem like it was choking. I couldnt get any low end power and if i tried putting it into drive it seemed as if it wanted to stall. I put it in neutral and got on it good and the symptoms cleared up in the higher 2500 rpm range but as i let off of it miss continued. the ficm volts never drop below 48v batteries are good egr is clean oil and filters new 2 days ago coolant looks good fuel filters new 2 days ago i always change oil and fuel filters together every 5k no engine light but did run the dtcs on the sct and i am so dumb for not writing them down but it was 2 cylinders on passenger side contribution and either a crankshaft or camshaft position code like i say this is a intermittent thing like only when it gets ran hard. Alot of things I am reading leads me to injectors but I really thing it would be a more consisten thing if it truly was an injector issue. Any help would be very awesome I dont have a ton of money to throw at this the wife is over it already and I want to keep the truck as long as possible. Anytime i have ever gotten a misfire or contribution code it seems on the passenger side and always after hard run been doing it for quite some time just seems magnified by the cold.. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

What kind of rpms are you seeing when it says 105mph??
Old 02-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

pretty well maxed out at 4000 the tune has it set to top out at 4000 rpm it was just spinning tires and sliding around so it was bouncing around up and down around there
Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Premium Member

Sounds like intermittent injectors. Have you done the blue spring mod? Is your electric fuel pump original? That would be the first thing i'd address. Weak fuel pressure kills HEUI injectors. Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No I have not done the blue spring mod. I am not sure if the fuel pump is original i would assume it is. Also I would of assumed the injectors would just fail and not come and go is this correct or not? And if they do come and go why only one side and why different cylinders each time throwing the codes? My next question is why if they are intermittent would they only want to act up after a hard run? I can tow my 8,000# camper for 3+hrs with no issues? Just seems a little fishy to me that the injectors would be so sporatic? Ive seen in the past some of these issues on other vehicles caused by cam shaft sensor throwing computer off causing a miss. Kinda baffled? And why would the injector work when revved up but not at idle? I am not trying to seem like a d**k I am just trying to dig further into this and you guys all know way more than I do. I appreciate any help you can lend thanks again..
Old 02-09-2014, 08:59 PM

It may not be an actual injector problem but a control signal to the injectors.
Check your harnes for chafes and loose plugs or corrosion.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:38 AM

i agree with above post check your harnesses check your fuel filters definitely do the blue spring upgrade its only 40 50 bucks compared to a brand new injector caused from failing due to low pressure. happened to my 04 a while back checked all connectors and such and did blue spring upgrade and problem went away. goodluck
Old 02-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Seems somewhat similar to what my 03 used to do. went to T6 oil with amoil bypass and archoil, problem gone. Something to ponder on.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just changed fuel filters and am running t6. I will def be looking into blue spring.. I pulled cyl 4&6 contribution i believe it was 272 and 278 codes now the last time it happened it was 3&5 and I do remember it being 1 at some point in time this is why it has me baffled on injectors cause it will jump around not always the same cylinder?? My next ? would be since the FICM always reads over 48v could it be the crank/cam shaft sensor because if I'm not mistaken these will also send false readings causing timing issues and a miss I just dont know if it would end up throwing a contr. fault? Yes i have pulled codes for a cam/crank shaft dtc but i do not remeber the #
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok so I ran it for 1.5 hours today highway and in town kept the rpms right around 2k or under no issues what so ever no miss ran smooth the entire time ran anywhere from 35 to 75 mph I am really leaning toward thinking that the issues only present themselves after running hard and hitting higher rpms and I don't know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.