Sputter/bucking/ - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sputter/bucking/

Greetings to those who read,

05 f350 6.0 139k, drove on the interstate and noticed truck wasn't running properly seemed Laggy and would have a slight delay then resume as if nothing happened. Changed fuel filters as they were due, today truck seemed Laggy and begun to sputter/buck then resume. Once stuck on interstate traffic truck begun to stall, extreme bucking/jerking as if I was trying to do a burnout. Truck would stall around 500 then resume back to normal and other times stall down to 500 then up to 1200. Then got off interstate and made it to a parking lot, shut off and no start. I hooked up my solus ultra and icp Ipr were good, normal readings. Replaced cam sensor and swapped out Ipr with another known good still same issue. New 58v ficm, new batteries, new fuel filters, blue spring, new icp, truck runs the same with icp unplugged. Turbo originally made 1-4 at wot after cleaning map truck made 25 at wot, cleaned EBp which was clean anyways, erg delete turbo was cleaned few months ago. I have sync, iat are normal. I am confused and tired, I ordered an airdog2 the other day. Any other things I'm missing other than checking fuel pressure, rather just wait til my air dog arrives. New dummy plugs and standpipes, truck does not have a stc as it's a 01/01/05 build. Thanks, I am sure it's something stupid I'm overlooking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Bueller........
Old 02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Gelled fuel or a blockage, extreme low fuel pressure, injector stiction (on more than one), wiring harness, and FICM plug or other plugs could all be issues.
Old 02-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Well as far as gelled fuel I've fueled up 3x from different locations to rule out possible water but it hasn't been that cold to gell and I used diesel 911. Low fuel pressure is my guess at this point, my scan tool showed injectors and no negative contribution and my ficm is two months old and shows 57.5v so I would rule that out. Harness is not frayed or damaged. Possible block in fuel lines, or maybe the PCM is acting up because on my solus everything is spot on like it should be.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:54 PM

There is two filters in the fuel pick-up unit inside the tank that will plug before your rail filter housing with show signs of crap plugging those filters. There is a vidio on youtube showing the dif in fuel pressurre before and after cleaning them it's really cool. I will be doing mine soon even though I don't have an issue but after many years it's time I bet.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
There is two filters in the fuel pick-up unit inside the tank that will plug before your rail filter housing with show signs of crap plugging those filters. There is a vidio on youtube showing the dif in fuel pressurre before and after cleaning them it's really cool. I will be doing mine soon even though I don't have an issue but after many years it's time I bet.
I don't know what you are looking at, but there is only a pick-up strainer on the bottom. I believe the 7.3l has the filters in the pick-up unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.