"New" injectors, P0282 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"New" injectors, P0282

I'm moving this from my build thread to here. Coming home from work one night, my truck began to run rough, spit, sputter, and buck. Have a P0284 code. I've checked readings using Torque Pro app, cleaned the EGR valve, cleaned the #8 injector, and re-installed with new o-rings and washer. (I had a thread on FTE about it.) I also needed a new thermostat which I replaced. Truck still ran terrible. At this point Iím assuming I have a bad injector(s) so I ordered a set of 8.

That was two months ago. Finally got a set of 175/stock injectors and installed. Same issues, truck still runs like crap. Now I have a P0282 code and no other codes.

Also just installed, blue spring, two new batteries, 135amp Alternator with overdrive pulley, standpipes, dummy plugs, BD intake elbow, metal CAC pipe, all new CAC boots, SCT w/ street tune from Tony Wildman, GlowShift gauges, and coolant degas bottle cap.

I have a ScanGauge II and Torque Pro app. Fuel pressure gauge stays maxed at 100psi. GlowShift website says this is a bad ground. Moved ground wires around, still stays maxed.

KOEO:
ICP = 43
IPR = 14.8
EBP = 14.4

Idle:
ICP = 580
IPR = 22

FICM= 48.5 - 49
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 08:09 AM
Serving Our Country!

Wiggled the injector wiring harness beside the FICM while she was running. Whoa! Did that make her go crazy. Guess I'll be unwrapping all that wiring!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Don't waste your time with unwrapping the injector harness and trying to repair it. It has all kinds of shielding weaved in and out of it. I think you can buy a new harness for around $200 from Sunrise Ford on here. If it's the main harness, then that's a different story.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

It appears it was a loose FICM connector. I use a long screwdriver to pry up under the connectors to make sure they are fully seated. But apparently they weren't. This time I applied dielectric grease to the plastic around the plug and then used the screwdriver pry method. Truck fired right up and ran smooth!
Old 01-31-2014, 02:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I agree^ I replaced my harness when I did my injectors. Think is was $210 shipped to the house. Also safe insurance as well knowing that the wiring is fresh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.