Clearing computer codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clearing computer codes

Anyone know how long it takes after programming your computer back to stock to not have any bad codes. I've heard that it takes a few days to clear out codes that the computer has been reprogrammed, but i'm not sure how long that is. I'm about to drop my truck off to the dealership tomorrow, but I figured they'd void my warranty if they knew I had a chip. Thanks in advance. Ohh, and its an '03 f-250 6.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Does anyone know for sure if they will void the warranty if they do get a code for the computer being reprogrammed???
Old 08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your computer doesn't have enough memory for them to tell. The best way is to disconnect both batteries, turn the light switch on for 10 minutes, turn it off, and reconnect your batteries. All it MIGHT show is a P1000 code which means you had your batteries disconnected (to clean the cables--LOL). don't sweat it.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks....i only have a month of my warranty left and I just didn't want to void it just when I could actually use it. Have a good night.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:14 PM
lifetime member

what dealership. i live in same locale and personally know of the best ford dealership tech in town.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:23 AM

pulled my batteries...

disconnected my batteries on my way to the dealer, needed to "reset" my truck so to say, had dead pedal 4 times.. and wasn't gonna make it to dealer... which is only 3 miles away

so i pulled cables in a parking lot, hooked them back up, drove to dealership, and the codes for the problems were stored... BUT, because the check engine light wasn't ON, they couldn't fix anything.. so they kept my truck for 6 days, didn't fix the problem, and now i have to pay for the time it was looked at...

dealer kept insisting i had a chip on it, why else would i pull the batteries. I've never had a chip on, tried telling them, i know that if i disconnected the batteries, i had a chance of making it to the dealership... which i did, but now they won't fix the codes, because the stupid check engine light isn;t on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.