Egr Delete Code Confusion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Egr Delete Code Confusion

Hello I bought a 2006 King Ranch 6.0 and the guy I bought it from worked at a diesel shop and said he did a egr delete on the truck. For a couple months it came up with a insufficient exhaust flow code and all of a sudden the code stops showing. Is it possible that the egr system is recycling exhaust air back into the intake again? The guy who i bought it from said he welded the egr valve and something else, but i havent physically looked under the hood tosee if the egr cooler is still their. Any input is appreciated. Also im getting P0611 is that a good sign my Ficm is about to take a crap? My truck runs rough and white smokes until its warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM
Serving Our Country!

an egr delete on a late build 2004 and up will give you the code. only on 2003 and early build 04's. mine was built october 2004 and gets a egr code, if thats helps.

might wanna do some looking. do you have a monitor like scangauge 2 or edge insight?

scanguage 2--about $170 from bulletproofdiesel

edge insight cs- $299 insight cts (touch screen) $399

white smoke is typically bad... does the exhaust smell sweet?, are you loosing coolant? if he just welded the gr valve shut thats not necessarily a delete and sounds like the valve broke loose and now it moves so the code would clear. you can pull the egr valve off reallly easily too. if its wet insight= egr cooler is ruptured or oil cooler is clogged/ ruptured causing egr cooler to fail...

read the "monitoring 6.0 stickies" in the 6.0 general descussion tab and check your egr valve and keep us updated man. we got your back.

for your ficm you can test it with a volt meter at home or with a monitor. watch this video:

Last edited by JustinOOO9; 11-13-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

[QUOTE=JustinOOO9;7203618]an egr delete on a late build 2004 and up will give you the code. only on 2003 and early build 04's. mine was built october 2004 and gets a egr code, if thats helps.

might wanna do some looking. do you have a monitor like scangauge 2 or edge insight?

scanguage 2--about $170 from bulletproofdiesel

edge insight cs- $299 insight cts (touch screen) $399[/QUOTE. I have my Sct tuner which I really use to moniter my Eot Ect temp every now and then but im sure it doesnt moniter everything a scan gauge does. It just puzzles me how a egr delete/ bypass will stop throwing a code all a sudden.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

I would pull off your egr valve i think its 2 8mm or 10mm bolts and a flat head to pry it off. if its wet you have problems and not a egr delete...

I have heard of valves being stopped somehow but just never seen it.

did you program your truck and turn the egr function off with one of the program options on your sct tuner? that will clear the code as long as that tune is on the truck...
Old 11-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also the white smoke is more like a raw fuel smell. I have not lost a single drop of coolant that i know about. So if the egr valve broken loose would it be best to buy an actual delete kit that physically removes the egr cooler? Ill check the valve tomorrow, and no i didnt turn off the valve with the tuner i sww the option but since I had the delete or thought I did so I didnt mess with it. I stopped running the tunes on the trucl ever since it started white smoking when cold. Even when i ran tunes the code was still their, just didnt trigger the light. Now no tunes or a check engine light for egr flow.

Last edited by Natedoggsr71; 11-13-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Serving Our Country!

that depends on 2 things....

if you have to get vehicle smogged its a risk, but you can have the egr code cleared as long as you run a program from your sct tuner, even if its the trans only and as long as the egr function is turned off.

or you can purchase a bulletproof egr from bulletproofdiesel... it will never clog...

a raw fuel smell sounds like injector issues you need to get that looked at asap. Injector issues can cause some problems like: filling the cylinder with fuel and hydrolocking the engine, or putting spots on the pistons etc...

scanguage 2 is cheapest at home diagnostic tool for thew 6.0...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

read the above link, it will answer alot of questions... also alot of users are buying the Torq app on their phone and a obd2/bluetooth adapter and using their phone to monitor the truck, probably little cheaper but kills phone battery.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
Write Up: Monitoring the 6.0L PSD.

read the above link, it will answer alot of questions... also alot of users are buying the Torq app on their phone and a obd2/bluetooth adapter and using their phone to monitor the truck, probably little cheaper but kills phone battery.
I will check the ficm voltage ASAP and the egr valve, I give an update on what i find out tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

no problem man. everyone helped me out when my truck took a dump so Im just doing my part.

p.s. Welcome to the org bro!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
no problem man. everyone helped me out when my truck took a dump so Im just doing my part.

p.s. Welcome to the org bro!
Hey man, sorry for not giving an update. Turns out my Ficm was going bad, sent it out and put it in now the rig runs excellent! Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.