Slow spool, loss of power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Slow spool, loss of power

I have a 2006 F250 6.0 4x2, So yesterday as I was leaving work I was accelerating then let off the pedal and the truck stalled. I put it in park and started it back up, it started fine and ran all the way home(about a 30 min drive) on the highway. While on the highway during the drive home it surged once but went back to normal. On one of the backroads I tried to floor it and it spooled so slow and accelerated like it didnt have a turbo. As soon as I turned into our parking lot and put it in reverse it bogged down and stalled again. I started it again and backed into my spot. You can still hear the turbo spool up but nothing really happens. As well as taking off from a dead stop takes a couple more seconds than it normally would just a day ago. Also before the surge on the highway the truck was accelerating like normal. The truck is stock and I just had the STC fitting replaced about 3 weeks ago. The guy who replaced the STC said the ficm has been replaced at some point since the numbers didnt match the truck but said the voltage was right. The truck is approaching 200k and I have nothing on the truck to monitor numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Could be a hpo leak, but would need a monitor to check that. Could be fuel pressure dropping out. Hard to say bud. Maybe try advance auto and borrow one of their scangauge code readers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Time for new fuel filters?? I had the same problem right after "bulletproofing" it and it took my dad convincing me to change the fuel filters, which only had about 6k miles on them, to find out he was right. AGAIN! Good luck!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Blue Goose, I did forget to mention that I replaced the fuel filters and the sensor on top of the engine(forget which one that is IPR, ICP, so many abreviations haha).
Old 10-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

So a bit of an update, I drove the truck a little today and only had a couple mishaps. First was a little "growl" when I let off the accelerator while it was still warming up. Second was when I went to start it again after it being warmed up, it wouldn't turn over right away but did the second go round. It was even accelerating like normal. Just don't get it....ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.