Truck shakes when cursing and falls on it's face when I hit the petal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck shakes when cursing and falls on it's face when I hit the petal

Ok guys just got my truck all back together everything is new from the heads up using diesel site hpop, warren 190/100s and when I'm just cruising around town or highway at 45 to 60 at around 1200 to 1700 rpms truck shakes and sputters and falls on it face till I get over 2000 rpms, I have a regulated return and my fuel pressure is staying at 65 and I use t6 oil and it's new fuel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 09:14 PM

It really sounds like an bad Injector, had the same problems with my truck at the same rpm's. Guys on this site pointed me in the right direction when my truck started doing that, take it and have it scannned maybe. Hope this helps and if it ends up being something different let us know these trucks are difficult at times to find the problem. Mines was number three injector replaced it run great a month later number 4 went, stuck open alot of smoke it was easy to figure out that time cause the pyro temps went down when in unplugged it, it had a cracked tip
Old 10-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Premium Member

Your sig doesn't say anything about EGR delete. Any chance it's stuck open?
Old 10-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Premium Member

It's deleted and truck got worse and started smoking white to black but it was fuel an not coolant then I got a code for cylinder 1 so Patrick at warren diesel over nighted me a injector and I'm going to pull it tomorrow and from talking with him it might of came loose or I didn't have it seated right so it's prob something I messed up and I thought that was great of them to send me one like that , amazing customer service
Old 10-19-2013, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

Egr cooler and valve are both deleted I got a cylinder one contribution code after I changed the oil and took it for a drive and it puff white and started Rolling a lot of coal so I called warren diesel and they think I had a hold down come loose on a injector or did seal good so I'm going to take it apart and check them all out and the push rods and rockers just to be safe and do compression test
Old 10-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

I got a cylinder 1 contribution code after truck got worse and truck is puffing white then black as soon as ya go above idle and it's fuel for sure warren diesel told me I might of had a injector not seated right or had the hold down come loose but they over nighted me a new one ...amazing customer service! and the egr valve and cooler are deleted ,I will tear back into it and check compression an all the push rods while I'm at it to just to be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.