Really need some help with my 6.0! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Really need some help with my 6.0!

Hello, I am new to the forum. Ive learned a lot of valuable info from this site. So here is a little background on my problem. I bought a 2004 f350 with a 6.0 about a month ago. It had a really rough idle when first started and the seller told me all 6.0's are like that. It also had a dead go pedal when coming off the highway or at random times the truck would just die and stall out. It got worse so I took it to dealer and they diagnosed 6 out of 8 bad injectors. I had a friend of mine replace all 8 with ford reman injectors. My rough idle went away and the dead pedal and stalls stopped! Then after a week the engine would idle rough at random times even when warm! It would act as if it was choking out or like it was hiccupping. If I turn truck off and restart it will start up and idle fine? Im confused on why it will idle rough and then if I turn it off and back on it runs fine?? Oh, and Im also getting the dead pedal and stalls sometimes. Ive replaced all filters and fluids, and the icp and icp harness. I added a video to show how it runs when its choking out. Thanks. - Mike

Edit: you really can't hear how its choking out in the video. It is not running good in the video though, is there anything that the gauges read that looks like it might be causing the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 05:12 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It could still be injector issues or possibly the ficm. I would get a Buzz Test done and check the voltage on the ficm. My truck had very similar issues and the thing that straightened it out was two bottles of REV X The best $72 I have ever spent.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFastPadre View Post
It could still be injector issues or possibly the ficm. I would get a Buzz Test done and check the voltage on the ficm. My truck had very similar issues and the thing that straightened it out was two bottles of REV X The best $72 I have ever spent.
Buzz test was done and read fine. My ficm never drops before 47.50 volts. Did you use the Rev x fuel or oil additive?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobronos View Post
Buzz test was done and read fine. My ficm never drops before 47.50 volts. Did you use the Rev x fuel or oil additive?
I use the oil additive I use Shaeffer oil's fuel additive. There are other good fuel additives out there I am sure, but only one rev x oil treatment. Beans Diesel Performance had the best price I could find on it, but be sure to check the sites sponsors first. Hope this will solve your issues.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Truck started fine this morning. I let oil warm up to about 150 degrees F. Started down road and truck just stalled. Started right back up and then continued down road. Another 1/4 mile and then it stalled again. Started back up again and then I made it to work. any ideas???
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Premium Member

Whats the IPR reading when cold, and when fully warmed?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYRMN View Post
Whats the IPR reading when cold, and when fully warmed?
Can the SCT LiveWire monitor ipr? I didn't see an option for monitoring it? I may be wrong though..
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

you can see it threw injection control pressure (ICP).... are you pulling any codes ? and do you have a tune on the truck ? Also if you wanna try some Rev X let us know !!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am running a tune from More Power Diesel. The truck acts the same with or without the tune. The idling got worse, and it kept stalling. Ended up dropping it off at dealer. I will let you guys know what they say tomorrow. Here is a video of how it was idling..

Old 10-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Premium Member

I would definitely be interested in what you find out. My 06 acted very similar last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.