6.0 Liter no start no crank - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Liter no start no crank

I'm new to the site with a big problem. After washing the engine with a water hose. A day later it would die going down the road. A couple days later on a trip to north AL. the truck stopped running seven more times at speed. Some times it would start right back after I stopped and put it in park. The other times at KOEO all dash lights come on but the water in fuel light engine will not crank. Like the battery is dead. I get out move the wiring harness under the hood. This time KOEO water in fuel is on and engine will crank and start.
Started looking for wiring harness issues. Unplugged the PCM center plug had liquid on it. Pulled PCM and could hear liquid inside. Placed PCM on its side it appears to be oil coming out of it.
In the mean time the tow haul light started flashing. Now has no overdrive.

I got a PCM from Ford. Took it to the dealer to have it installed. Was told by the tech the PCM was not the problem. It need a FICM, FCIM wire harness, EGR valve, Transmission solenoid. I let them replace the transmission solenoid. Which did not fix the trans. Was told I needed a new Transmission.

I think the liquid in the PCM is causing the problem with the trans and the no start no crank.

Sorry so long. I need some help.

I don't want to spend $4200.0 on a trans and not fix the problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Premium Member

If you have water in the PCM or the FICM you need to get that fixed or dried out ASAP, without applying power to the units. Do not proceed with any diagnosis until you know the status of the PCM and FICM.

It also sounds like you may have a Vref short or open circuit. What codes have you seen?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I agree matter of fact you may want to buy a hair dryer [saves a hassel with the wife] and just start unplugging every plugin you come across and start drying them out.

If ya got water in one your bound to have soaked others. FYI pull the battery boxes there there are a bunch under the drivers side battery box.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It does not appear to be water. It feels and taste like oil. I had it out of the truck for 2 day with it on its side to drain. A small amount of liquid drained out of the 3 plugs. The truck still cranks and runs. I'm trying to figure out where the oil came from in the first place. Is there a capacitor in the PCM that could have split opened and drained into the PCM or did it get in thru the wire harnesses. And is this oil in the PCM causing my problems with the no crank and the transmission problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.