Rough run on custom tune, Bogging. HELP!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough run on custom tune, Bogging. HELP!!

Hey guys, new to the forum. Hopeing someone can help me out with the problem I'm having.

2003 F-350 crew cab
240kms
Sct Livewire ts 5015, IDP extreme street tune
4 inch turbo back straight pipe
Blue Spring Upgrade

Just noticed this problem I'm having recently, while running my Extreme street tune. This problem is happening at dead stop acceleration, and rolling acceleration. Best way to describe how it sounds is a muffled exhaust bogging ( under water ) you can also feel it. Once you put your foot into it, turbo spools and bog goes away. This is only happening while running custom tune, can't notice this problem on stock or any other tune. If anyone has any ideas on contributing factors or problems that would be much appreciated, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME to the ORG!

I'd go back to the tuner and have them tweak the tune for you. I have a lot of tunes and some are AWESOME and some do what you describe. Some do a combination of being awesome and then bogging. Not all tunes work perfect without having some work for your rig done to them.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply Rod, I have contacted them already. They didn't have a whole lot to tell me, my only concern is this tune didn't do this from the beginning. I've had it running on m truck since April, only just started doing this it seems.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Gun Nut

Oh. Well a lot of us have noticed that over times the tunes "seem" to loose some of the kick. Generally we've just tuned back to stock for a few days and then tuned back up and it seems to go back to normal kick azz. I thought it was just me but other 6.0 owners on here have said they do the same.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Unfortunately I have tried that,just drove for a week and switched back. Didn't make a change, worse than ever. But can't notice on other tunes, hopefully maybe it's just my tune? Could be something starting to go in my truck, and only noticing it under cranked HP tunes.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltBody View Post
Unfortunately I have tried that,just drove for a week and switched back. Didn't make a change, worse than ever. But can't notice on other tunes, hopefully maybe it's just my tune? Could be something starting to go in my truck, and only noticing it under cranked HP tunes.
Hmmm. Strange. I'm sure someone more Tech savvy than I will chime in and help.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm actually having the same problem but in reverse and by that I mean when I return to stock I get the bogging from a dead stop or rolling acceleration. But, if I install one of my custom tunes the truck works perfectly. My thought is that my stock tune on the SCT got corrupt. And I think it happened when I tried to update the firmware on the SCT without going back to stock before doing it. Luckily I saved my stock tune before I did any updates or installed my first custom tune so I'm going to try and copy the stock tune back to the SCT and see what happens.

Maybe you need to wipe that tune from the tuner and then reload it from the PC/laptop?
Old 09-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the reply Soledad, what you just stated makes total sense. Not that long ago I updated my Sct, iv heard nothing but bad things from the update. Just didn't expect to be seeing problems myself, I updated my Sct while on a tune I believe... Could also be contributing. I think I should try what you said, I'm gonna get IDP to send me another tune and I'll reload the new one onto my device. This way I can cancel out my tunes as being a problem, resolving I have a mechanical problem.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.