Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO hot start

809 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  585Amarillo 
#1 ·
My truck has 67,000 miles and when its cold it starts (long start) somtimes and when its hot it doesnt start unless i unplug the ICP sensor then starts.
Does any one know why , I'm thinking its either bad sensor, bad dummy plugs/ stand pipes, or STC fitting. I'm thinking of buying auto enginuity what do you guys/ ladies think?

#2 ·
Definitely get a monitor. I believe an AE can control the IPR so you can do an air pressure test on the HPO system. It could be a number of things... Start with getting icp, IPR, and FICM volts. Make sure you look at icp volts and not psi because some tunes alter the icp psi number for more power.

#3 ·
I just bought the revised standpipes, D-plugs, stc, turbo feed and return and auto engenuity do you have any experience with it

#4 ·
I have never used the AE, or are you asking about doing an air pressure test on the HPO system?

#5 ·
i was asking about AE. you guys have any advice on the stand pipes like does the oil rail need to come out to install in the tq specs on the plugs, stand pipes, and hpop cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.