Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DTC code P0000??

23K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  melsa1 
#1 ·
Hey powerstrokers,

So I was installing my Farmboy exhaust system and it sounds wonderful. I just basically needed a better looking 4" system than the bully dog one. But now I've got a 6" tip from him and man it looks much nicer:icon_ford:

Here's my problem, however: After installing the exhaust, then running around town for about 2 hours, my Check Engine Light (CEL) came on. So I pull the code with my SCT and it reads "1 DTC Found - P0000" I have no idea what this code is and am not sure if this is a type of foreshadowing on what could come. If anyone could shed some light on this code that would be greatly appreciated. I've cleared the codes several times and it still comes back a few moments later after starting the truck. List of mods is in my sig if you need this information. Thanks again and let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Sergio

#2 ·
My 2007, 4 weeks back put on the CEL :( and had the local parts store read and came back with P1335, EGR.
Asked about clearing and found ScanGageII unit I like was local and has some other things I liked. So purchased and cleared the codes. The CEL reappeared and now had a P0404 cleared and then the P0000 popped up.
The ScanGageII reads “2 codes” but only the P0000 was showing cleared twice a day for 2 days. :dunno:
Started asking and the most common reply was P0000 was the system needed to run some cycles for some time and it would clear so I quit trying to clear it. After about 3 days the CEL quit lighting so I checked for codes the P0000 is still there but the CEL is out. :dunno:
Has been about 3 weeks like this, the truck runs fine so I have quit think on it and have not checked for codes in 3+ weeks, just drive it. :crazy:
It would be nice if someone else to help on this code and what to do or not to do.
THANKS
:icon_ford:

#3 ·
YUP, YUP... I to have the P0404 code popping up. EGR DELETED.....yea,yea yea anoying my azz. I've been deleting for two weeks now. Ole lady saw it pop up and like.....what'z up with the light on the dash thingie. TIME FOR A NEW MOD!!!!
Now if I just keep running it it will go away eventually but still show up as history rite:dunno:

#5 ·
#6 ·
:ditto:I'm kid of condused why this dude has been posting this over and over. Anyway, here is an update: So my check engine light turned off the other day after church and hasn't been back on. I haven't tried pulling the codes yet to see if it is still there, but the light is off and that's what matters. I still have no idea why this happens, but hopefully it won't again

Sergio

#8 ·
DTC DEFINITION FOR P0000: No Diagnostic Trouble Codes Found

#10 ·
Not all code readers read everything
Some code readers come with a disc. May be outdated since current flash. Check factory and see if you can update over the internet. IF You have connection on code reader

#11 ·
Well my check engine light went away as the fella earlier said it would. It hasn't been on in a few days so I'm guessing there is no code present. But I will confirm that sometime. Now I've got another issue with the battery, but I will start a new post for that in case someone else has the problem I cam having. Thanks guys and I will keep ya'll up to date with this CEL.

#12 ·
So my check engine light came on this morning again and has been on all the way to work. This time when I pulled the SCT out to read the codes, there were none. It says "No DT0 Codes found," yet my light still remains on.

Now when I finished installing my farmboy exhaust I found an exhaust leak that wasn't too major, but enough to get some of that exhaust tape to seal it with. Could this be the reason that I'm throwing this code. I didn't think leaks would matter if there weren't any sensors in our exhaust system. Thanks ahead of time:icon_ford:

Sergio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.