can someone tell me if i ruined my fuel line? plz - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 07:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can someone tell me if i ruined my fuel line? plz

hey yall hows it going? i was removing everything for deleting the egr cooler, etc, and when i was disconnecting the fuel lines from the fuel filter canister, the one closest to the firewall looks like it bent a little, not sure if i did it, or if it was already bent like this. can someone give me a hand and tell me if i need a new fuel line? also, what this fuel lines purpose is, if its a return line, or a feed line. thanks!

pictures were taken with my iphone 5, so i know they arent the best, but its what i got. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks bent for sure but not bad. I did the same thing to mine when I put the blue spring in. I ordered a new one from tousley ford I believe. If you do replace it you'll need the tool for the quick disconnect fitting for the other end. Those things can be a real pain.

Probably wouldn't hurt anything but if it were me I would replace it. Others will chime in shortly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 PM

is that like a return line or a feed line? do you know? thanks alot brother for your input also.
if it was a return line i dont really see it being a big deal because its not like its kinked completely, but if it was a feed line i dont wanna starve my truck of fuel
Old 08-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm not sure which one you're showing in the pic. The line that connects to the regulator housing that contains the spring is the return line to the tank. The other line is the supply from the tank.

Either way, I'd replace it if it were me. Its not too expensive if I recall.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 AM

yeah the line that i guess i bent a little is the supply from pump line....i just cant tell if i bent it or if it was like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.