6.0l woes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 6.0l woes

I have a 2006 6.0, ran like garbage, #4 and # 7 injectors were bad so decided to go through and replace all of them, at the same time replaced the dummy plugs and stand pipes along with the updated STC fitting. After all that the truck no wont start, gone rounds with it and do not have a scanner to read any of the pressure. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Maybe left a ground unplugged, or a sensor. Without codes it seeing it, it's hard for me to say. Maybe someone with more knowledge can help.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacked_ford View Post
I have a 2006 6.0, ran like garbage, #4 and # 7 injectors were bad so decided to go through and replace all of them, at the same time replaced the dummy plugs and stand pipes along with the updated STC fitting. After all that the truck no wont start, gone rounds with it and do not have a scanner to read any of the pressure. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long did you let it crank? It take a long time for the HPOP to fill back up and pressurize the system. At least 60 seconds on / off cranking.

You can get a Scangauge II at Autozone for 159.00 its a really good cheap tool to help diagnose, and program in the specific PIDs you need.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I let it crank for quite some time. It also appears that im not building low oil pressure. The oil filter housing is not filling with oil at all and even with the new injectors it seems that I still hve a leak under the valve covers, what are the odds that it is the high pressure rail into the injectors?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Unapologetically American

You know the oil filter housing has a drain in it right? Page 25: Lubrication System

You really need to get those codes, or risk replacing unecessary parts
Old 08-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Read the codes all they are is the EGR circuit low
And fault, due to the EGR delete, other than tht I pressed te plunger in the bottom
Of the oil filter housing while cranking and nothing, why is making me lean towards low oil pressure, thoughts
Old 08-12-2013, 02:57 PM

It can take two or three minutes of actual cranking time to get the pressure to build. of course not more that 15 or 20 seconds at a time, ( I know I didn't need to say that, right?!!)
Old 08-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep, did that and still nothing
Old 08-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke Techie

okay so all you had opened up was the high pressure oil system.... STC, oil rail plugs, standpipes and injectors correct? You didn't miss the yellow o-ring underneath the high pressure oil pump did you? That is where base oil pressure supplies the high pressure pump. It could cause a pressure loss theoretically but perhaps not as large as you describe.

With no base oil pressure you may have a stuck oil pressure regulator or some worn out gerotors. any pieces missing from the injectors or STC fitting? I have had injector clips and STC fitting clips both lodged in the oil pressure regulator before.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep that is what has been apart thus far. The yellow o ring under the pump is in place also the o ring under the STC fitting is in place. It did not appear that anything is missing on the injectors or the stc fitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.