Truck won't start please help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck won't start please help

Alrite guys I have a 2003 f250 super duty 6.0 turbo diesel, bought this truck off my uncle a month ago, besides exhaust the truck is completely stock, and besides it running out of fuel at a eighth of a tank it had no other issues until now, I pumped $20 of red diesel one day out of curiosity, pumped regular diesel 3 times after that within a weeks span, one night the truck was cold, I went to leave in it and it started up just fine, almost instantly the truck shut off and hasn't wanted to start since,(it's been a week now) I changed the started and put 2 new battery's, tried getting it started with starter fluid and nothing, it almost wants to turn on but doesn't any ideas? I'm changing the fuel filters tomorrow, my mechanic says my injectors are clogged, just wanted more input on my issue, thanks allot in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So many views yet no comments, can anyone help me??
Old 08-08-2013, 04:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

Unfortunately, without throwing some sort of scanner on it you're just taking guesses at what could be wrong. Depending on where you live and where the offroad diesel came from, that could make a world of a difference or no difference at all. When I hauled petroleum in NY, my offroad version of offroad was simply the same 15ppm ULSD that had red dye injected into it at the pump for tax exempt issues. However, I do know that some places use 500ppm diesel (similar to heating oil) for offroad use still and I can imagine that can have an effect on the injectors since they're the most precise piece of equipment on our rigs.

But the running out of fuel at 1/8th of a tank throws up some questions too. Good chance your filters are clogged and if that's the case, you'd definitely have trouble starting the truck. But after the filter change if it still doesn't want to start, get some sort of code reader. At least that will point you in the right direction
Old 08-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the response, its greatly appreciated..
I'm in south Florida, west palm beach to be exact, the cel light is on until I try cranking and then it goes away even though the truck doesn't turn on, I bought new fuel filters but I got a mechanic coming check it out that my uncle knows, was hoping I could figure out a solution that wouldn't cost me a quarter of what the rig is worth haha anyways the mechanic says the whole fuel system will have to be cleaned out, have heard of other 6.0's down here having issues after pumping that offroad diesel with the red dye..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.