I need your help gentlemen - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation I need your help gentlemen

Okay guys I have a little bit of a situation. I posted this in the general 6.0 disgussion also but thought I would post it here also. I recently got my motor back from the machine shop, new rings, seals, 32 hardened seats, decked block the whole nine yards did studs myself last time and used BO gaskets... failed. So anyways onto my problem. Truck is a 2003 6.0 early build while i was waiting for the motor I ordered a crap ton of parts. Adrenaline stock version hpop, wicked wheel 2 for my powermax new oil cooler new rad hoses did a fuel bowl delete and regulated return I made myself. I've had casserly 155/stock injectors for nearly a year now, I'm running a FASS hpfp with a 75 psi spring regulator turned down to 55-60 psi getting a sump kitt tomorrow. K so the problem is i keep getting a p0281 injector #7 contribution/balance code. I fire the truck up runs like a top beautiful smooth purrs like a beast kitten then about 15-30 seconds later loped a little revs up slightly and straightens out but not completely. White smoke out of the tail pipes but not extreme amounts. So I thought to myself well I'll pull injector #7 and swap it with #1 put everything back together fired it up code was gone. Smooth for 3-5 minutes then loped slightly and p0281 came back up same spot injector #7 so i know its not a bunk injector what could it be took it for a drive sounds good but leaves a light trail of white smoke. Future father in-law is a heavy duty diesel mechanic huge guy like me he has auto enginuity, hooked it up checked the injection events and they look normal. Disabled injector #7 and you could tell it was disabled, then enabled it and ran normal again but still had the code p0281. I've been searching high and low for the last 3 Days and my eyes are ready to bleed help me guys I'm lost here. Thanks in advance.

Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
check the pigtails to see if they're frayed at any point.. and check your FICM voltage and tell us if thats all good
Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 AM

I would suspect a wire issue as well maybe even the circuit in the FICM or PCM.
I would suspect a injector drivers but in 07 each driver contoled 2 injectors. 03 each injector had its own driver.

Last edited by dannyboy950; 07-30-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fat fingers
Old 07-30-2013, 12:30 PM

Does anyone know if an 04 harness will work I finally found a harness at a wrecker an hour from my place they also have an 05 but my best bet will be the 04. I'm heading there as I write this my wonderful woman is driving me to get it any input would be awesome thanks guys.

Chad.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 PM

You have to chevo for the harness in the troath of the engine, i think they change, also the icp for 2004 is in the valve cover and yours is at HPOP, things like that change, the MAF/IAT and so on
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM

You know I never thought about that well I can just lob one of the injector plugs off the harness if its not the same harness as mine cause I'm thinking it might just be the one plug but I hope it's an early build 04 hopefully my findings are as good as I'm anticipating. Thanks guys.

Chad.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:52 PM

check the little pins inside the injector clip maybe one is bent a little and not making a good connection to the harness.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM

well guys I went to the salvage yard an hour from my place and what a piss off they sent the truck to my city for dissembley because in my province(saskatchewan, canada) our wreckers are 99% government wreckers and it really grinds my gears especially to deal with them dummies and then said that they don't sell the wiring harness separate from the motor so I'm going to call the wrecker in my city and see if they will separate the harness from the motor. I looked at the pins on the injector plugs they look good but i think its the harness plug on #7 that is screwed itself. If i can't get the harness from my local wrecker I think I'm going to have to bit the bullet on the harness from ford. I called my parts guy and he said my cost would be around $350 so the other guy might have been looking at the whole engine wiring harness that gave me the $800 quote. I just hope luck is on my side.

Chad.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM

i thought you could get an injector harness for around 150 bucks from tousley ford.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 AM

I was looking around at prices for the harness tousley is the cheapest. I just need to make sure it's the proper harness as there were a couple revisions between the years. How are they to deal with and how fast can they ship? If I could I would over night it. Just wanna drive my truck.

Chad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.