Hesitation at WOT from stop - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hesitation at WOT from stop

Hi guys, Just picked up my first diesel last week, its a 06 f350 lariat..it has the banks six gun system with speed loader, its studded has the egr delete kit. So ive been going over the truck doin some maintenance oil change replaced fuel filter, truck runs good and strong but............i have the manual for the banks system and they talk about " transmission learning" where you set the system on 2 accelerate 3 times wot from 0-60mph then a 30-60mph wot and do this for each setting..and from what i understand when u go up to lets say 6 and then back to 2 for a while you will have to do the relearn process again. Soooo i started the process lol and it didnt go well

from a dead stop wot it hesitates almost feels to me like its not getting enough fuel, level 1 and 6 all take off the same way hesitation no spin at all from stop then it kinda chugs along and gets going and chirps second but still its kinda sputtering....the 30-60 roll then wot throttle produces the same kinda sputter but not as serve...i could produce a better 0-60 by not quite going wot and accelerating rather hard it feel fine its just under wot...and i never went wot from say 60mph and i tried tonight and it feels good pulls and doesnt do anything unusual...any thoughts please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds relatively normal, if I just stomp it from a stop it wil sit there and then take off, I would say unplug the banks and then disconnect batteries for 10 minutes. See if its sluggish without. Your turbo could be dirty and stuck too. Also ditch the banks and get SCT custom tunes, more power, less turbo lag, and safer on the tranny. It will be a night and day difference.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I'm gonna put this on ebay I've heard great stuff about the sct tuner........ When I went to start the truck again had two codes I think they were p0336 and the p0401 the 401 is for the egr now it was n place but I have a delete kit so I wasn't sure if it does anything besides prevent the cell from coming on.. I read about the fan functions correctly when I leave it but I removed it anyways and put the sinister cover back on... The other code was for the camshaft position sensor.... I just put that in last night what a pain in the ***... Drove it all day it feels like a new truck cell came on obviously so I read the code again and it's just for the egr now... So hopefully that was my issue or that I had the battery disconnected for hrs installed the sensor lol but its runs good so I'm content
Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Youre gonna have that code until you get the sct tuner, which allows you to disable the egr function entirely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.