Insight cts warning reading - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Insight cts warning reading

So I updated my insight cts last night to the newest version and after starting the truck this morning, I immediately got a INJPWR alert and it read 50.7. I've never seen this alert before and have no clue as to what it's trying to say, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Serving Our Country!

Oh And I don't know if it relates but I do have a leak somewhere and you can really hear a wooshing when it hits about 15 psi
Old 07-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0newb! View Post
Oh And I don't know if it relates but I do have a leak somewhere and you can really hear a wooshing when it hits about 15 psi
Not sure about the code on the CTS, but that whooshing sound is likely a leak in one of your CAC boots. Check them for tears around the clamps.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
So I updated my insight cts last night to the newest version and after starting the truck this morning, I immediately got a INJPWR alert and it read 50.7. I've never seen this alert before and have no clue as to what it's trying to say, any help would be appreciated, thanks
Have been several threads about this new update issue. I think most just disable the alarm. Try searching on here and I bet the threads will pop up. Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Serving Our Country!

I did a quick search but didnt come up with anything, I'll try some different keywords then, and the only boot I haven't checked is the one on drivers side intercooler, do that soon, thanks so far for the replies
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
I did a quick search but didnt come up with anything, I'll try some different keywords then, and the only boot I haven't checked is the one on drivers side intercooler, do that soon, thanks so far for the replies
Yup check all the boots. Mine was leaking at the passenger side inter cooler. Also check all turbo connections, especially up pipe. If you're sure it's not one of the boots or clamp connection the next spots to look are the passenger and driver up pipes themselves. If you still have egr or just used a block off plate then check the Y pipe that connects to the egr. It notoriously fails.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Yeah, looks like Edge added some sort of new PID called INJPWR, and by defauly it has an alarm set at <250.

So, as soon as you fire it up, your FICM Main voltage is, of course, less than 250, so it freaks out.

Took me a couple minutes to figure this one out and find the Alerts Menu to disable it.

Looks like they also messed with the EGT PID too... had to go change that as well.

Lee
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

Hopefully it's not a cracked bellow, I haven't touched the egr at all and never touched the turbo. Glad to know its just an edge issue though and not my truck haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.