multiple problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
multiple problems

Multiple problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2007 F350 that I am having issues with. Half way through vacation my A/C decided to only come out of the defrost vents and the turn signals don't work but hazards do. I replaced the flasher relay and multifunction switch to no avail. Checked wiring in steering column and nothing seems to be broken. Pulled about every fuse and nothing blown. At a loss as what to do next with this issue. As for the a/c issue I found a gray vacuum line detached by the oil fill. Reattached line, still nothing. Checked all other lines and they seem to be good. Vacuum pump didn't seem to be coming on so replaced that. I thought I had power to the pump but now not sure. Is there a fuse controlling that as well? Sorry for the long question, but I am at a loss as to where to go from here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hopefully it's obvious that the two issues aren't related.

The A/C issue -- you have a vacuum leak somewhere. If your truck has electronic shift on the fly (ESOF) 4x4, try engaging it. Most likely the 4x4 light will come on but you won't actually have 4wd. Troubleshooting the vacuum leak is a royal pain in the neck. Bad hub seals are often the cause in the 4wd trucks. That grey vacuum line you found and attached blocks off the heater core so your max A/C is more effective.

Turn signals -- if you're sure that all of the fuses and relays are good, it may be time to start tracing wires and looking for chafing and/or weak connections.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.