egr delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation egr delete question

SIN SMC-EGRD-6.0
Above is a sinister delete kit that doesn't require the intake to be removed. First question is this a good delete kit? and since I just blew my egr backing the boat in the driveway ( luckily I was home I guess ) should I go ahead and pull the intake to clean up my mess? really don't know much about diesels so any help is greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If your Egr cooler blew up you want to replace the oil cooler too.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

im assuming it did, honestly just happened a couple hrs ago so I managed to unhook the truck pop the hood to find coolant a little bit everywhere. of course the first sign was backing in and a cloud of white anti freeze smoke came rolling out of the exhaust, coolant was very low and heats began to rise. so should I pull the intake?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

I would if I were you.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks, I've worked on a few vehicles and honestly knew the potential fall out with the 6.0 but liked the truck and bought it anyways.... do you know much about the sinister delete kit listed above or do you recommend another one?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Ordnance on coordinates

There is so many of those kits out there, pick your poison. Nothin wrong with that kit.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

sorry I didn't read well enough yes oil cooler is probably what caused the problem in the first place... thanks again sorry for not reading slow enough
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

powerstrokeshellback
is it normal that when you blow your egr to have anti freeze coming out from under the hood as well? As I said earlier when I popped the hood there was coolant a little bit everywhere? I am doubtful that I've compromised my head gaskets since it just happened and I haven't driven it but after reading im wondering why the fluid under the hood? any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-20-2013, 03:49 PM
Premium Member

Find the source of the leak. If it was from the EGR cooler, which I highly doubt, then an external and internal failure at the same time would be unusual. It may have been the seal under the intake or even the tube connection seal from the oil cooler housing to the water tube, let alone a hose the let go.

Since you didn't find the leak point, it is possible the coolant came out the original Degas cap. But that doesn't explain the white smoke.

What does your monitor show for EOT/ECT delta?

Find the leak via a pressure test the coolant system. watch out for a hydrolock situation.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

twoicebergs
forgive my ignorance but here goes. I don't have a programmer or read out just stock gauges. when backing in it starting rolling steam out the exhaust, when I looked down at the gauges that I have all was normal then the water temp started to rise. since I was in the driveway I just shut it down, said several words, walked on up the drive and left it for a bit. im assuming the liquid from under the hood came from when it got hot and came out the degas cap but once again assumption. coolant was about 1.5 gallons low when I went back out to finish bringing it up to the garage. I just went down and climbed over it and started it up just to watch the smoke roll out the exhaust. 165k my gut tells me cooler to egr valve issue is causing water through the exhaust but honestly just going off what I've read and a friend who used to be a diesel mechanic.

Last edited by 04greenpowerchoke; 07-20-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.