6.0 no start help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 05:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 no start help!!!

I have a 2006 f-250 with 6.0. It has 85,000 miles. Egr delete and 5" straight pipe but other than that its stock. I was going down the high way and the truck seems like it lost throttle but only lasted a few seconds then back to normal. Did this a few times and the last time it killed and won't start back. It killed like smooth not like locking up or running out of fuel. It turns over but doesn't start. I sprayed a shot of starting fluid in it and it started for a second and killed. I. Getting diesel to the top fuel filter. I tested the ficm with a ohm meter and seems to be holding 48volts. No codes are coming up. Any help where to go next or things to try please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 09:09 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do you have access to something that will allow you to monitor icp volts, ipr %? Something like an edge monitor, dash boss etc... Hard to know exactly what the problem is without knowing how certain sensors are doing. I'm leaning towards either the icp sensor or maybe you got junk in the ipr screen.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No I don't have anything to monitor it. I pilled the IPR and looks clean and seemed to work fine while doing the pressure test
Old 06-23-2013, 12:34 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Did you test the icp sensor? That's were I'd start next since you think the FICM and IPR are okay. Do you access to an SCT programmer? If you did, you could data log the truck. If its your friends I think you can still data log even with it being programmed to a different truck.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Have you tried starting with the icp pigtail unplugged? If it starts, ur icp is bad. If not, your gonna have to follow the above poster's suggestion and start pulling some PIDs. You can get a scangauge from autozone or advance. My guess is a hpo leak, if it went out slowly. Icp problems would stumble and have a sketchy idle. Pull some numbers and wed love to help ya out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-23-2013, 03:29 PM
RollinEarly05...now

If his truck is acting like throttle is completely cut out then comes back... Seems to me its an electrical issue.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. I have a SCT programmer. I have the turbo pulled out and hpop cover off right now. Do I need to put these back on before running the data test or a compression OE oil pressure test? I have a few guys saying the still would say hop or head studs.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:58 PM
RollinEarly05...now

HPOP maybe, head studs not likely with your symptoms. Do an air leak test on the HPOP and rails. There is a write up on here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. If I do, I'll post it up for ya.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:10 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Basically you just apply air to the oil rails under the valve covers. Or take out the icp sensor out and apply the air their. Make sure your connections are air tight and that you test for 15 min. Also make sure to remove the oil filter cap to listen for gurgling sounds. Also, does your truck have the STC fitting? If it does, change that sucker out! I'd do the dummy plugs and stand pipes also. All those are known problems that cause oil leaks inside the motor and cause no start situations.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wen My hpop went out, my throttle went in and out... was able to atleast get enough out of it for about 20 seconds to pull off a main road where it completely shutoff. But the above poster is right- dummy plugs and stc fitting will be first to go before your hpop... The early builds... Different story lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.