Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tbc fault no electric brake power.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kjunior 
#1 ·
I noticed the tbc fault code a few times when I drove the truck around with no trailer. Never paid any mind to it cause the truck ran fine.

It wasn't until now that I'm trying to get my trailer inspected when I noticed the trailer brakes weren't working. Chased all the wires and even ran power direct to the brakes to eliminate the trailer. The brakes do work. When I checked the connector at the bumper I noticed the brake prong wasn't getting power when the brakes were pressed on in the truck.

The manual says there's a break in the electric brake wire somewhere. My best guess is either a blown fuse or a wire broken somewhere. Anybody got an electrical diagram or can point me in the right direction? Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Fixed it

Well, my local dealership matched Tasca's price on the transducer. The dealer wanted $133 and came down to $88. Installed it with minor work and no more TBC fault. I took apart the dash to check the connections on the ITBC and in anticipation of having to replace it, but it was a waste of time. In case you need it, here's the P/N (2L1Z-2B674-AA)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.