Here we go again! Crank no start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here we go again! Crank no start

05 6.0 165000 miles fresh HPOP,stand pipes,dummy plugs,fuel pump.EGR delete
Was running great on a 82 mile trip was half where there n ABS light came on then CEL and wrench light,came out of O.D. did this for a couple miles several times then cleared up! Got to Miles city had the alternator checked,bad diode so I replaced it and got back on the road to the camp,made it back 80 miles n 2 miles from the camp the ABS n all the lights came on again cleared out when I made it home. Shut it off and started right back up,shut down again n waited a few mins started up but took longer than usual.
Came out the next morning will turn over but no start,tried to clear KAM the next day but no luck.
Has anyone else had this problem? About a month ago I stopped for an hour on a daylong trip,came out to start truck and no start,waited 5 mins spun it like crazy n it catched so I drove the last 600 miles to the job. No problem until this happen.

Any help please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

I know this is frustrating.
Trust the work that was done and get a scan tool on it.
Verify icp, ficm voltage, fuel pressure, oil drainback.
Report back
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^^Agreed, may be something stupid.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:58 PM

I trust the work implicitly as I did it all myself and have been a mechanic all of my adult life.
Within the last month installed new HPOP,stand pipes and dummys plugs, IPR,HCFM, FICM was reading over 48 volts 4 weeks ago .
Unfortunately I am in the wilds of Montana working and the closest town is 30 miles away and I do not have my scan tool available !
Just thought it was really odd that the ABS,CEL, wrench light and TBC fault would flash like it did ,so this is leading me to believe that it is an electrical problem of some sort and that some one else might have had the same issue before.
Would a bad VSS cause a no start condition, I know it will make all the warning light display like they did so I am leaning toward that.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM

did you disturb any electical connectors on the driver side, i remember when i did my studs i had a connector that wasnt fully seated causing a no start, maybe check for wire chaffing. It does seem electrical to me.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild200 View Post
I trust the work implicitly as I did it all myself and have been a mechanic all of my adult life.
Within the last month installed new HPOP,stand pipes and dummys plugs, IPR,HCFM, FICM was reading over 48 volts 4 weeks ago .
Unfortunately I am in the wilds of Montana working and the closest town is 30 miles away and I do not have my scan tool available !
Just thought it was really odd that the ABS,CEL, wrench light and TBC fault would flash like it did ,so this is leading me to believe that it is an electrical problem of some sort and that some one else might have had the same issue before.
Would a bad VSS cause a no start condition, I know it will make all the warning light display like they did so I am leaning toward that.
Thinking more engine ground, or hot feed to fuel pump etc.
Ground on frame near abs and fuel pump etc.
Check there visually.
You may have to bit the bullet and make the 30 mile ride it may be quicker
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 PM

forgot about the ground, also check the one from passenger side firewall to rear passenger head, this reaked havoc on my buddies 01 v10 but we finnally figured it out.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Yep gonna crawl under as soon as it ever quits raining and look at the cab ground. The one off the battery to the inner fender looks in good shape and guys this truck is is in great shape, you can eat off the engine,no rust or corrosion, terminals are all clean but did stick the volt meter to the batteries ,across the posts I am getting 12.36 n 12.34 on the batteries, that is low I think ,thought they should be above 12.5 or 12.6?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

The B+ seems ok for now.
Lets look at pdc and grounds
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Ok if it lets up outside I will try to look at the grounds tonite, if not it will be after work tomorrow after 5. i will post up then!
At least I am at a man camp and the powerhouse is literally across the street,so I am not missing out on work LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.