a few odd issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a few odd issues

06 crew cab long bed XL

so my truck has been having some really long cold starts, and running rough once it does. ( avg 80 degrees out past week or so)

went to start it 2 days ago to move it over to the driveway to start messing with it a little bit, do an oil change etc. batteries are totally dead( after 2 days sitting)
decide that since im going to PA next week i should do my 50k service early and get new batteries.

so i purchase 2 duralast gold batteries, hop in, and move the truck over to my driveway.

fuel gauge shows a little less than half, tuner shows 43%.

i do the oil change, and then decide to do a fuel filter change as well.
im on my way to pickup the filters and the truck shuts off on me 3 times.

the 4th time when i restart it it says low fuel and the gauge is at zero.

i was right by a fuel station, so i fill it up with 25.5 gallons, gauge goes back up, tuner says 99% no issues.

i change the fuel filters, everything goes according to plan, drain the water seperator, is this is a normal amount? it was about a half quart or so.

my question is, should i assume that my fuel gauge is F'ed up and refill whenever i can until i get it fixed/looked at?

or was there something about really old crappy batteries that were the wrong size that could cause my trucks to run like crap, not want to start and when it does blow white smoke, and get 15 mpg?

since the oil change and filters and batteries ive been getting 18mpg, truck starts right up, and runs perfectly, no white smoke.

last oil change was 5k ago, last filter change 10k

sorry if i am rambling, just trying to make sure the truck will be good for a 200mile trip towing my mustang in the enclosed trailer in a week when i get back from vegas

Last edited by egnaro2007; 06-02-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: forgot some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.