Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stall while driving

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  fatbastardf350 
#1 ·
Well my buddy's at the ford dealership are at it again, they have had my truck for just about a month saying they cannot duplacate my stalling problem. Here is the story;

About a month ago I was headed out of town with my family and I noticed when I am driving at 65-70 and I step on the gas to pass it will hesitate a couple of times like not enough fuel. (Brand new fuel filters). Then the next day at our destination I went out to the truck and noticed oil under the truck. When I got home at the end of the weekend I tracked the oil to the block valley. Checked all turbo tubes for leaks and all is good. It's coming from somewhere ealts. Then I got a CK EN light saying #3 glow plug. A day later on my wat to a buddy's house to test the GP and GPCM stalled while driving. Let it sit for 30 min then started up again drove for another mile and stalled again. Towed to the dealership and there it sat for three weeks saying they could not get it to stall on them, but the definitely knew the GPCM was bad and they think the stalling was from my SCT. (Bull**** but whatever) so they fixed the GPCM and told me to run it without the tuner. So I pick up my truck an not 20 mins later, it stalls. Let it sit for 15 mins, it starts up and back to ford I go! That was this Tuesday and now we are back at the same spot. They can't get it to stall on them.

Sorry for the long story, I am going to tell them on Monday if they don't figure it out by end of the day Tuesday I am taking it somewhere ealts.

Any input is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
i had a truck do the same thing.it would start and run for a while then just shut off.
i work on my own stuff as ford will "well i will let you finish that one".

but long story short it was like the power had just been cut off to truck.well
i took the ipr and replaced it with another one HASN'T DONE IT SINCE.

i put the same exact ipr in another truck and it did the same thing,so i'm guess the magnetics of the ipr were bad.

let us know what you fined out and the oil you speak of could also be coming from the icp when they go bad just a thought for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.