problem help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
canadianoilfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: brandon
Posts: 6
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
problem help

so i filled up my 2006 ford f 350 6.0L with diesel and then i started it and started to drive away and then my oil pressure guage droped to nothing and the truck stoped and i havn't been able to get it going since. I have replaced all the injectors. and still nothing the oil is still in the motor and none leaking out it turns over fine. so i am trying to find out what other options i have to try to get this brute going again. if any of you have any other ideas?
canadianoilfield is offline  
post #2 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't think the fact you filled with diesel is related. Sounds like you may have lost your high pressure oil pump, the STC fitting, a dummy plug or......????
rdezs is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 04:51 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9,371
Thanks: 98
Thanked 103 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianoilfield View Post
so i filled up my 2006 ford f 350 6.0L with diesel and then i started it and started to drive away and then my oil pressure guage droped to nothing and the truck stoped and i havn't been able to get it going since. I have replaced all the injectors. and still nothing the oil is still in the motor and none leaking out it turns over fine. so i am trying to find out what other options i have to try to get this brute going again. if any of you have any other ideas?
You lost your LPO (low pressure oil). You need to climb under the truck and behind the harmonic balancer is a 12mm hex bit plug. Remove that, pull the spring and plunger out and check for debris. Also what oil filter and oil filter cap are you running in your truck? Pull the oil filter out and shine a light into the oil filter housing and check to see if the oil sparkles.

If you pull the filter and it has metal in it, you had something come apart in your engine (most likely a lifter needle bearing) which went through the LPOP and got chewed up and cause your no LPO causing the truck to shut down.

If you aren't running a OEM oil filter and cap and there was nothing in the oil and oil pressure regulator (behind the harmonic balancer) than replace the oil filter and cap with OEM and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdezs View Post
I don't think the fact you filled with diesel is related. Sounds like you may have lost your high pressure oil pump, the STC fitting, a dummy plug or......????
If he lost the pressure on his gauge on the dash that means he lost his LPO which in turn will stop feeding the HPOP and shut the engine down.

l BRYAN l


WWW. COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook
COMPRESSION IGNITION TECHNOLOGIES

l 2005 l Ford F250 l FTX l
[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

Tuscany is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It occurred to me it might just be a non compatible filter.....but he would have seen results immediately I would think.

Duh....I didn't think about his lpop! It's gonna get expensive I suspect....
rdezs is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 05:00 PM
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9,371
Thanks: 98
Thanked 103 Times in 82 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdezs View Post
It occurred to me it might just be a non compatible filter.....but he would have seen results immediately I would think.

Duh....I didn't think about his lpop! It's gonna get expensive I suspect....
Ehh well a non-oem filter won't always cause a failure immediately. I ran a NAPA filter for 10k and never had a problem out of it. This was when I didn't know any better LOL.

l BRYAN l


WWW. COMPIGNTECH .COM

Look us up on Facebook
COMPRESSION IGNITION TECHNOLOGIES

l 2005 l Ford F250 l FTX l
[A Few Odds-N-Ends]

Tuscany is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome