Side effects of egr cooler delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Side effects of egr cooler delete

Hi just replaced oil cooler, egr cooler delete, replaced coolant to elc, switch oil to synthetic T6, still have egr valve in place truck seems to run fine turbo seems to spool a lot faster. and a lot higher than stock. don't know if this is bad or good truck sounds different louder, I have always ran 4'' straight pipe as long as i have owned it.
But anyway this may seem stupid question but what should the truck idle at with no tune. mine seems like it is idling high. And can't find what rpm it should be anywhere?

thanks for any help and side effect info anyone has.

2005 4x4 lariat ext cab studs 4" straight pipe from turbo back.
just did egr cooler delete and oil cooler Hyper pack mostly stage one all its life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Around 680-700 Rpms.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM

Ok thanks that is where it is idling thought it sounded too fast. Must be over thinking it
Thanks for the reply?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Lol no problem.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida250 View Post
Hi just replaced oil cooler, egr cooler delete, replaced coolant to elc, switch oil to synthetic T6, still have egr valve in place truck seems to run fine turbo seems to spool a lot faster. and a lot higher than stock. don't know if this is bad or good truck sounds different louder, I have always ran 4'' straight pipe as long as i have owned it.
But anyway this may seem stupid question but what should the truck idle at with no tune. mine seems like it is idling high. And can't find what rpm it should be anywhere?

thanks for any help and side effect info anyone has.

2005 4x4 lariat ext cab studs 4" straight pipe from turbo back.
just did egr cooler delete and oil cooler Hyper pack mostly stage one all its life.
if i run my truck stock she will idol at 625 rpms, i have a sct and i turn my idol up to 725 for quicker warm ups
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM

That is another thing i was wondering why are other tuning for warm up mode and wiring somthing up under dash for warm up mode ever since ive bought my truck and i got it in Ohio just moved to Florida 2 years ago.
When i start it up for the first time in morning or it has sat for a long time it will idle norm for about 1/2 a min and then kick up to 750 rpms until it hits about 160 ect or you get in it and touch a control brake steering wheel ect. I thought they all did this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-15-2013, 02:35 PM

One other thing i cant seem to get the ect up to 200 the highest ive seen so far after oil cooler and egr cooler delete is 198ect and 206 eot and that was only for a min. And was running the hell out of it before i had to get off exit and it was 84 deg here today and have a black truck and had ac air on.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Average ect is from 188-195. The thermostat should be set at 190 is its a ford one. If it below 185 I would say you need to change your thermostat but that is it was to never really get above that

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida250 View Post
One other thing i cant seem to get the ect up to 200 the highest ive seen so far after oil cooler and egr cooler delete is 198ect and 206 eot and that was only for a min. And was running the hell out of it before i had to get off exit and it was 84 deg here today and have a black truck and had ac air on.

those temps look pretty good to me, if I run the hell out of mine, I have seen the oil get up to 218, but I don't run her like that much, and the wiring under the dash your talking about is a high idol mod, talked to a guy that had one he said his would idol at 1200 rpms, if he turned it on, and what your talking about your truck kicking its idol up, my truck will do that in the winter time on real cold mornings, but I just keep mine set at 725 , I had it set at 775 once, and the turbo won't kick on and off at idol when warming up, so I turned it back down, to 725, I like that setting the trucks sounds really good at idol, I have a egr delete on my truck, and it takes awhile for her to warm up in mornings, I don't get up to much before it's time to go to work, so im kinda in a rush that's why I set mine up,, in the winter time, im talking like 45 min warm up time before she would reach normal temp,, and I always warm my truck up before I take off I don't care what the temp outside is, I never just start my truck and drive off cold

Last edited by rogerallen33; 05-15-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:54 PM

It is a ford one, thought they were ment to run around 200 running on highway at 75mph cruise on only see about 192. Ect and 196 to 198 eot. Havent pulled with it yet sence the change or tuned it yet either just makin sure everythings ok heard a lot of people had problems with starting issues other than a contribution code that went away after letting it run for a min seems to be running strong.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.