Motor has no power issue please help! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Motor has no power issue please help!

I have a 03 6.0l and when I first start the truck it starts fine but does not have any power to go over 25-30 mph until the motor temp gets to at least 170 degree. What is most likely my issue? Thank an advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Premium Member

What are the codes or other parameters; fuel pressure, HPO pressure, FICM voltage, turbo condition (vanes, boost (MAP), EBP)? Does it run rough when you push on the AP when cold? There are so many things it could be, but I am guessing you have a somewhat sticky IPR or stiction issues.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It does not idle rough really when cold. Just will not want to move once you pull out on the road. I don't have any of those readings. I just got a scan gauge tool but haven't really figured it out yet. If there is a reading I get out of it I could put that on here if you could tell me what I need to read.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Premium Member

Most often it is an injector issue that causes this. Even with one not working it will idle OK, but shows a lack of power. Unfortunately, there are other issues that do the same. You need to check for codes and then ensure you have good ICP readings. The next would be to esure your FICM is good. Have you checked or changed your filters lately with OEM?

If you have done fhat, you should consider getting the fuel pressure checked and a contributionn balance test done.

As an example, my truck starts and seems to run OK, but it has a miss on one cylinder fhat is noticeable on accelleration at about 1400 rpm. However, in my case it still puts 440hp to the wheels. It lacks power to what it should have. On the stock tune it seems to be a real dog. I will probably end up fixing or replacing the bad injector.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is there any way for me to check for a bad injector myself? or is that something the dealer had to check? Also as far as filter changes I change my oil filter every 5-6 thousand miles and my fuel filters every other oil change. My FICM is only around 2 years old so in hope that's not the issue because that thing was not cheap. And I also replaced the ICP sensor about a month ago so I hope that is not the issue either.

Also my check engine light is not on so the truck is not giving me any codes on my scanner.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

I posted in the engine problem area on a similar problem. If you want to do it, the best way is with AE -Ford bundle. Manually disconnecting the injectors is possible, but is aPITA and is not as complete. Read up on AE and you will get an idea of how it will help you. Your Ford dealer should be able to give you a good diagnosis with their platform. However, if you want to wrench your own, you need the right tool to make it happen. The AE is very good, especially considering the price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.