Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

instructions for stc kit etc

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  cfd_shop 
#1 ·
I just got home from nearly 2 months almost non stop work. I have 1 weekend to tear this thing down and get it back together. I need assembly instructions for the stc kit as well as any torque specs you can come up with. I am doing the stc kit, the new branch tubes, dummy plugs and flushing my oil cooler. I know the information is out there on the site somewhere but I'm short of time and pretty dumb when it comes to search terms

#4 ·
its a black plastic jig about 2" across and 2 white plastic screws. Use it to align the stc with pump.
I think the instructions say to thread it in 5 turns align it and lock down the nut.
I am totally going off memory though and the depth is critical, hopefully someone else can confirm the depth

#8 ·
Yeah I got the new STC fitting in with the tool. 126000 on the factory fitting. I did the fitting and dummy plugs and stand pipes they had a tiny bit of wear, just barely visible. I was having hot start issues and max high oil pressure around 2600. What's the odds I have something else going on

#12 ·
So I know it's not really the right way to test it. But I pulled the plug out of the top of the HPOP and applied 120 psi. Didn't power the IPR heard minimal air from in crankcase, nothing from oil rails. It actually seems to hold shop air pretty good. What do the o-rings usually look like when they are the cause of a no hot start. Totally buggered or just worn

#13 ·
the orings are about 7 dollars per hole.
You have to pull the oil manifolds back off and get a long t40 torx socket to get to injectors.
Or some guys use a 3/8 swivel and shorter t40 socket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.